Tuesday 4 July 2017

Totally on fleck with Lady K Loves

 

We all know I’m a sucker for separates. As a pear girl, separates are a great way to get a fab fit on both my top and lower halves. I do also lean more towards authentic cuts of separates with a strong versatile feel as quite simply, they go with more. One company I love for fun separates is Lady KLoves and for me, their  Jess top in GreyFleck ticks all those boxes.

Flowers ~ Red Double from Daisy Jean
Beads ~ Red Beads from Debstar Designs
Brooch ~ Hello Phone brooch from Deer Arrow (discontinued)
Top ~ Jess top in Grey Flick from Lady K Loves
Skirt ~ Black circle skirt from Hell Bunny
Petticoat ~ Banned Apparel Petticoat from Natasha Marie Clothing
Shoes ~ Lorraine Heels from B.A.I.T Footwear


Lady K Loves is a brand I’ve featured before on my blog. A great brand based out of the UK, I love their authentic look and curve friendly designs. Known in the online retro community for their ‘curve hugging’ jeans, this is a brand that is great for curvy girls looking for garments to give them a killer fit. Earlier this year they had some smashing new pieces drop on the website, one of those being the Jess top in grey flick (also available in a stunning mustard too! Which I also have in my wardrobe) which is a great staple for any time of the year, namely due to its simple print which can help bring something fresh to any outfit pairing.



The Jess top is a simple short sleeve cotton jersey top with a relaxed collar. This simple cut of top means it lends itself to a variety of different outfits, whether it be in the office, a casual day out or a night out with friends. This is a top that can easily swap from one to the other with ease depending on what you pair it with. For this shoot I styled this top in a smart casual look which I’d happily wear to the office. This look can easily be achieved with their darling skirt in black and the feel of the outfit can change completely depending on the accessories you decide to team with it. I opted for a bold red to contrast the darker tones, which give a great pop of colour.


Being made of jersey cotton, the Jess top does have a bit of stretch to it and breaths very well making it a good option all year round. On the first wear I did find the sleeves a bit snug, but that quickly passed. I’m wearing a size large and absolutely loving it. The cut also has a great authentic feel to it, which is enhanced by wearing a vintage soft cup bra (as I did for this shoot). This top would also look fabulous with their trousers as well! This simple yet comfortable top is a great staple for any gal who loves to be able to mix and match their separates to the max. 


 

The Jess top is also incredibly budget friendly for a UK to AU brand, only costing around $50AU + postage! I find their postage turn around time is very quick too, I normally don't have to wait more than 10 business days for it to hit our Aussie shores either.

I've got some more Lady K Loves coming to the blog this month, so keep your eyes peeled.

Til next time darlings!

Disclaimer: Whilst I received this top in collaboration with Lady K Loves, all opinions expressed are honest to help ensure the most accurate information for my readers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment