Saturday 4 July 2015

Review ~ Mermaid love with Hell Bunny and Erstwilder

Good morning all!

Its review time again in this follow on review from my earlier pastel princess post, which features the Paula skirt in mint featured in that post, click here to read it.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm a bit of a mermaid enthusiast/lover and after I purchased the Shelli top, when Gwynnies got the Bubble and Sweet Blouse back in stock (pictured above) I KNEW it had to be in my wardrobe! So, another order later, she was in my hot little hands! 

I bought this blouse in a size Medium, the same as the Shelli (you can view my measurements here) with confidence it would fit, and it did. I had the same slight bagging in the bust as mentioned in the Shelli review, but aside from that she fit perfectly. The lack of sleeve meant I didn't have to worry about tightness and being patterned I found this fabric a bit less sheer as the Shelli counterpart. 




The fabric of this blouse is honestly a dream. It features sea horses, shell's and bubbles on a soft blue fabric. The collar is slightly scalloped in shape and has the same ribbon tie detail at the front of the blouse and features the most ADORABLE silver shell buttons! I actually love this blouse slightly more than my Shelli, purely based on the buttons. I did find the same issue with the ribbon ties being a bit too long, which means they catch with movement (for example against my desk while sitting) and pulling the bow loose but its a minimal issue for such a pretty piece. 
My favorite thing to match with this blouse? Why Erstwilder of course! Easily the biggest part of my brooch collection, Erstwilder is a brand I've previously discussed (read here) and even had the absolute privilege of working with (click here).  My Sandy the Shy Seahorse brooch from their 'By the Seaside' collection was the obviously perfect match! Made of out layered resin, Sandy compliments the Bubble and Sweet blouse perfectly, finishing it off beautifully. Being layered resin means she has a great depth of colour and really pops off the collar.



I also decided to match my outfit with a pair of Daisy Jean Floral Designs signature rose doubles in lilac. Daisy Jean is my little business venture and I truly love being able to create whole looks with them. I chose the lilac double to tie in with the purple belt, which is also Hell Bunny. I have 4 of their retro coloured belts and they are  my daily go to for finishing off an outfit. The elastic means they are comfortable and not constricting and the range of colours means they are incredibly versatile.

With the Bubble and Sweet Blouse, I bought my first Paula skirt in mint. I bought the medium which is my go to size for Hell Bunny and it fit perfectly as I knew it would. I went with the mint as it would work with both my blouses and I honestly want more! This is my first ever block colour Hell Bunny skirt and she is honestly amazing! Having a block skirt really allows for colour and detail on top. I tend to go for patterned skirts and block colour tops so its been nice to swap things around for a change. This skirt can be worn with either a petticoat or without, though they really pop with one. The only downside to the lighter pastel is how clearly creases show up in the skirt but I do find this is primarly across the back where I sit and not really across the front, but I really felt it was a small price to pay for such a cute outfit!I can definitely say she won't be my last block colour skirt purchase.



I hope you've enjoyed this review and found it helpful! I still have more reviews coming, so keep your eyes peeled!

Thank you for reading lovelies!




1 comment:

  1. You look fantastic. I need to invest in a pin up blouse

    ReplyDelete