Thursday 31 March 2016

Judy dress



2016 is quickly shaping up to be the year of the 1940s for me. After a few years of fluffing around the 1950’s, more and more 1940s pieces have recently been sneaking into my wardrobe. The Judy dress is one 1940s style dress from Hell Bunny I’ve been eyeing off for quite some time…however only being able to find it overseas (with ridiculous exchange rates/postage costs attached) really meant it stayed on my wishlist, always feeling slightly unobtainable. Then one night I was browsing the Natasha Marie Clothing website and saw she had it in stock at a steal price so instantly snapped it up to add to my wardrobe.

Flowers ~ Daphne's Daffodils from Daisy Jean Floral Designs
Beads ~ White bead necklace from Debstar Designs
Brooch ~ Spellbound Rose Brooch from Deer Arrow
Dress ~ Judy dress in Tobacco by Hell Bunny from Natasha Marie Clothing
Shoes ~ Betty heels in brown from Royal Vintage Shoes
I can honestly say, this dress blew me away on all levels. The cut, the fit, the comfort, the look. Its just a truly incredible dress. The dress features sleeves that go to the elbow that feature a cuff and 3 button detailing as well as pleating/ruffling along the bust along with buttons under the V neck. It also features a pleated skirt, which is great for wear without a petticoat for an authentic 1940's look.


The first time I wore this dress I got so many compliments from people to and from work. Despite being repro it does have quite an authentic 1940s look. I bought the medium, which is my normal size for Hell Bunny swing styles. I was a little worries about the arms being to tight when I first got it home but found that they had a surprising amount of stretch which was awesome. Made of polyester its incredibly comfortable and can give a little. I have worn this dress with and without shapewear and both are super flattering thanks to this amazing cut.


I love this dress in the tobacco colour. For some reason, for me it just gives it a more authentic look. Since going blonde I've found my interest in wanting to dress in a more authentic look, as it just feels more doable with blonde hair as oppose to fire engine red. Plus, I also feel like the block colour allows for a broader range when it comes to accessorising. For this shoot I decided to brighten it up with a yellow daffodil hair flower, white beads for a classic look and a pretty brooch.


I truly love this brooch from Deer Arrow. The spellbound rose brooch is a layered resin brooch that gives it a 3D effect. Reminiscent of Disney's Beauty and the Beast, this brooch is such a gorgeous finishing touch to any outfit. I love how the pink pops against the brown on this dress. They work so beautifully together. 


The price of this dress is an absolute steal! I snapped mine up from Natasha Marie for $34.95AUD + postage. Natasha had it in the post to me the next day and I was so excited when it arrived. I can highly recommend Natasha Marie for Australian pinup gals!


I hope you've all enjoyed this blog post and I'm loving being back!

More reviews coming this week and next so keep your eyes peeled! As always, happy to answer any questions left in the comments!

Til next time






2 comments:

  1. What a lovely dress on you, love your blog photos as well...beautiful! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I'm so happy I finally got this dress! Its such a great style :)

      Delete