Tuesday 10 January 2017

Harbour dreams with Miss Fortune UK


I must admit, in the past few months I've definitely been bitten by the Wanderlust bug and I've found myself longing to go exploring far off places, which has never been something that has kind of been on my mind. I adore living in Australia and the amazing country it is. I've always been a little unsure of the outside world but find my curiosity grabbing me more and more and internally yelling that I need to go exploring. Sadly, internationally travel is quite a way off for me financially (Australia is so far away from everything except New Zealand lol) but that doesn't mean I can't live vicariously through my wardrobe!

Flowers ~ Blue rose Double from Daisy Jean Floral Designs
Earrings ~ Ingrid Retro Earrings in Antique Bronze from Daisy Jean Floral Designs
Necklace ~ Red beads from Debstar Designs
Brooch ~ Retro Brooch from Glitter Paradise
Blouse ~ Banned Apparel Dream Master Blouse from Gwynnies
Belt ~ Kmart
Skirt ~ Boardwalk Skirt Amsterdam from Miss Fortune UK
Shoes ~ Betty Sandals in Brown by Miss L Fire from Royal Vintage Shoes
The BoardwalkSkirt in the Amsterdam print from Miss Fortune UK is such a stunningly inspiring skirt. The mix tones of teals with reds, browns and blacks stirs thoughts of red bricks reflecting in cool water and bustling city. Now I've never been to Amsterdam, but it made me think of the section of Sydney that's behind me which features the wharf theater and made me want to day dream about walking the streets of Amsterdam.




The boardwalkskirt is a gathered knee length skirt which features a slightly wider waistband than some of my other skirts, a wooden button closure with a side zip. The gorgeous skirt also features a pocket, which is a feature I absolutely adore. Made of cotton, this skirt is incredibly comfortable, breathes really well and can be worn year round. The gathered waist also makes it ideal to wear with or without a petticoat, as the gathering gives it shape on its own.




The pattern on this skirt is literally buildings mirrored in the water, indicative of the magic that is Amsterdam. The blend of different colours also makes it a styling dream, as there are so many different colours to play with and ways to accessorize this skirt. For this shoot I kept it simple, opting for a cream blouse to let the skirt really shine. I really want to wear it with some deep red tones next. It’s a dream to accessorize! This skirt is made to order and sits at 26 inches long and is available from a XS to an XXL. I'm wearing the 
large for this review, which sits at a 32 inch waist.




The BoardwalkAmsterdam skirt is available for £46.99 which equates to around $77.76 depending on the exchange rate plus postage. Miss Fortune does ship worldwide, which means no matter where you are you can bring some magic into your wardrobe too! I cannot wait to play around with this skirt more and I hope you’ve all loved it as much as I had. Shooting this against the backdrop of the wharfs was a dream, even if it meant almost getting splashed with the wake of a Ferry!


Til next time darlings!

Disclaimer: Whilst I received this skirt as part of a collaboration with Miss Fortune Uk, all opinions expressed are honest to help ensure the most accurate information for my readers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment