Friday 26 May 2017

Dreaming of Spring in Collectif's Maria Dress


Last weekend, I celebrated my 27th Birthday party with some truly wonderful women. I spent a fair while searching for that perfect outfit as I wasn’t sure what I wanted. I normally use the opportunity to go quite clingy and sexy but this year I was feeling like I just wanted to feel ‘pretty’. When I saw Ms Katts Kustom house was having a sale of a Collectifdress I’ve been eyeing off forever, I knew I’d found the perfect fit.

Flowers ~ Daphne Daffodils from Daisy Jean 
Earrings ~ Holly Hoops in Bright Blue Glitter from Daisy Jean
Necklace ~ Harmonious Hydrangeas Necklace from Erstwilder
Dress ~ Maria English Garden dress by Collectif from Ms Katts Kustom House
Shoes ~ No Brand


This stunning dress ended up being everything I wanted for my birthday outfit and more. I opted for the size 16 as I wanted it to fit me with or without foundations on. I've ordered from Katt before and had my new dress in hand the day after placing my order. The vibrancy of this dress really blew me away. It is definitely prettier in person and I cannot wait to wear it throughout spring later in the year. I'm normally not one to want to wear yellow but this dress has such gorgeous yellow hues I couldn't resist.


The size 16 for me was spot on in sizing, with the exception of the shoulders of this dress. I had expected this. I have very round shoulders that make wearing these sorts of styled difficult. To rectify the issue I'm going to have some shoulder pads put in to help with sit. An easy fix for a small sizing issue. The Maria is made of 97% cotton, which means it breathes wonderfully making it a great warmer weather style. The wrap V front gives a great shape an flatters the waist which I love and the sleeves help give coverage to ladies who prefer a sleeved style.


This gorgeous dress also features the same V shape at the back. For me this makes this dress that little bit flirty and makes it a versatile piece that I can wear to work as well as to an event. I had no issues doing the zip up and it stayed up which is always a bonus. Plus the lower sit of this zip means I can get myself in and out of this dress without any issues at all, which means I'm not restricted in how often I can wear it (as I don't have to make sure my partner is home to unzip me lol).


The big mix of colours makes this dress a fun one to accessorize! As the fabric is a bit busy, I opted to wear a statement necklace instead of a brooch for this look. Keeping with the flower theme I went with my Harmonious Hydrangea Necklace from Erstwilder. A dark purple belt from another dress I own gave a defined pop of colour at my waist. I wore blue hoops and daffodils in my hair to further compliment the colours and kept my shoes simple with a pair of yellow peep toe heels.


I'm super happy with my birthday dress and I can definitely see me wearing it a lot once the weather down under warms back up again! I snapped my Maria dress up from Australian stockist Ms Katts Kustom House who currently has it on sale for $115AU + postage and I got mine with afterpay. Alternatively Collectif still have this dress in stock on their own website and its listed as £60.00 + delivery (which is $104AU + international postage rates).

I hope you've enjoyed this review and its good to be back after a brief break! I've got an exciting interview coming your way next week as well as 2 reviews so keep your eyes peeled!

Til next time darlings


3 comments:

  1. A dress that I could never, ever make work for me, but it looks truly fabulous on you! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this dress is absoutly gorgeous on you, I love the colours and the floral print! Beautiful accessorizing as well! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this same dress and I have to say it's really gorgeous :) I like how I can pair it with multiple different colors, like light blue, yellow, purple and even magenta and it looks good with literally everything! It's also a very flattering dress for girls of all sizes and shapes :)

    ReplyDelete