Thursday 10 December 2015

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas ~ The Voodoo Vixen Bernadette Dress



Living in Australia, you can kind of feel a bit out of tune with the rest of the world when Christmas rolls around. The Northern Hemisphere, in the throws of winter is for the most part sharing their winter Christmas posts of sweaters and mittens and snowmen, warm fires and snow angels. I’ve always dreamed of a white Christmas thanks to the media forever showing Christmas as winter. However, the reality here in Australia is very different. Most of our Santas used in adverts feature board shorts and thongs. Summer is sweltering hot, I normally swim or play cricket with my family and avoid the dreaded sunburn! It seems, without travelling abroad, a white Christmas could never be mine.


When Voodoo Vixen brought out the Bernadette dress, I knew I had to have it and I was thrilled they felt the same way too. I felt this dress would be the perfect way to throw some white Christmas vibes on an Australian Christmas without dying in the heat. When it arrived I was thrilled to find that the snow flake detailing as just as perfect in person as it looked online and instantly knew this dress would be a much loved addition to my wardrobe!


The Bernadette dress is made up of two layers, giving it a soft floaty feel. The underneath is a thin strap black dress, which has then been overlaid with a sheer black layer that features the snowflake embroidery. The dress features a centre back zip with a button closure at the top. A sweatheart neckline is present in the black underdress which is visible through the sheer upper layer. The sheer layer though allows this dress to be a bit more on the modest side, which for me makes it ideal to dual as a work dress.


The wearing of this dress I found incredibly comfortable. Its very flowy, there is some stretch in the fabric and it sits nicely when worn. The sheer top layer wasn’t too warm to wear on a hotter kind of day and I found that the fabric moved nicely when I walked. Wearing this dress to the shops after the photoshoot on the hunt for some lunch, I got a lot of compliments on it. It truly is beautiful in person. Its long enough that I can comfortably wear a petticoat or crinoline with it if I want to and I found this dress to be true to size (I’m wearing this dress in a medium).




The simple design and colours also make this dress a versatile number, which means you aren’t restricted to wearing it just to spread festive cheer!  I accessorized mine with white and two Christmas brooches (because two is better than one!) for the shoot, however I can see a lot of potential to accessorize this dress with a lot of different colours and I’m excited to see what I can come up with it in the next few weeks.

You can definitely expect to see this dress popping up in my outfit of the day photos as it truly is a stunning piece!


Outfit details:
BroochesDeer Arrow limited Edition Christmas Snow Flake and Erstwilder Deck the halls brooch
Belt - off another dress I own
Shoes – kmart


I hope you’ve all enjoyed this post and I’m more than happy to answer any questions or feedback you may have in the comments!

Amazing photography done by Russell Thomas!

Thank you all so much for reading!


Disclaimer: Whilst I received this dress as part of a sponsorship with Voodoo Vixen, all opinions expressed are honest to help ensure the most accurate information for my readers. 

3 comments:

  1. It's such a shame we miss out on the white Christmas, but I think this lovely dress does make up for it a little! and you look delightful in this shoot :) I'm loving those heels

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea the print was snow flakes - I thought it was daisies! This is a perfect Christmas dress that does a unique non traditional take on Christmas outfits with a monochrome colour scheme rather than red and white - love it! Also, perfect hair :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did too til it arrived! But the snow flakes are SO pretty! Thank you gorgeous!

      Delete