Thursday 3 December 2015

Sunflowers in Spring ~ the Bianca Dress from Voodoo Vixen

Summer time.

 Its coming.

 Here in Australia, we cannot escape it. Summer has only been here for a couple of days and its already sweltering. With a hot hot sun, humidity and a mostly hot wind, I've been on the hunt for versatile dresses I can wear to work or out and about that are comfortable, that breath and that are above all: warm weather friendly. So when another chance to collaborate with Voodoo Vixen rolled around, I knew this dress had to be mine!


The Voodoo Vixen Bianca Dress is incredibly beautiful. I remember when it was release I instantly fell in love with the print. The mix of sunflowers and roses is even more stunning in person. I'm a bit of a flower lover and I've been finding myself REALLY drawn to floral prints recently. So with that in mind, this pretty was soon on its way to me!


So how have I found this dress since having it join my wardrobe? AMAZING! I've worn in a few times now, ontop of on my shoot day and it is SO incredibly comfortable! I've worn it with shape wear and without and the fabric has plenty of stretch and it comfortable to wear with either. My skin was able to breath in it, which for me is important and I didn't get clammy in it on hot days. It features a back zip which is my preference, as I find I get annoyed with side zippers and it did up perfectly. the collar sits nicely on my shoulders and doesn't bunch or become uncomfortable. Its a great place to wear brooches and while its open chest its not too low, which makes it a great dress for wearing in the office.


Something else I love about this dress is the versatility of style. The simple colours and the black background mean you can style it so many different ways. For my shoot I opted for complimentary colours of browns and muted pinks as I felt that with this dress, they were a match made in heaven. This dress does have a shorter skirt length than I'm used to but I've found in the warmer weather this is actually a great thing, as it allows for a bit more air flow around my thighs, reducing thigh rub. 


The sizing of this dress is very true to. I bought the medium, which is my regular size in Voodoo Vixen swing styles and it is spot on!


My overall thoughts of this dress is that is a great addition and I can see myself wearing it regularly. If you are a flower lover like me and love a versatile dress, then this is definitely one that I would strongly recommend! 

I hope you've enjoyed this review! I'm happy to answer any questions you may all have for me!

The lovely photos for this review were taken by Russell Thomas

Outfit Details:
Brooch - Erstwilder (discontinued)

Thank you for reading! My digitial camera card arrived the other day so expect a lot of review posts between now and Christmas!


Disclaimer: Whilst I received this dress as part of a sponsorship with Voodoo Vixen, all opinions expressed are honest to help ensure the most accurate information for my readers. 

1 comment:

  1. I just love this dress on you so much...gorgeous photos as well! :)

    ReplyDelete