Thursday 9 June 2016

Casual Kicks in Green ~ B.A.I.T Kiki Sandals from Royal Vintage Shoes

Hello darlings!



In late 2015 I learnt a very valuable lesson about vintage styling: shoes can really make an outfit. As a baby pinup, I never gave much thought to my footwear. I pretty much lived in cheap ballet flats, which at the time (and still sometimes now) serve their purpose. But as I’ve grown into wanting a more polished aesthetic, shoes have become a big factor in making that happen. Thanks to my incredible Brand Ambassadorship with Royal Vintage Shoes, I’ve added some incredible shoes to my wardrobe and seen how having period appropriate footwear can really lift an outfit. I recently started branching into a more casual 1940s style for my weekends and my more formal heels just don't work with the look. So when I saw the kiki sandals in green by B.A.I.T footwear come into store, I knew they'd be perfect for my more casual days!


I must admit, these have been the comfiest pair of B.A.I.Ts at the start I've ever owned. Normally I have to break my B.A.I.T shoes in with a blowdryer and thick socks to get them to fit without leaving me with blisters for the first few wears, but I could wear these with no pressure or discomfort on the first day. I did find on the first 2 wears, when I walked around a lot there was some rubbing on the inside of my foot at the back of the front section, but outside of that this these shoes were a dream to break in.


I also found the fit of these Sandals to be very true to. I bought my usual 7.5 and they fit perfectly. I found the front part of the shoes had a comfortable and of stretch and the strap style was perfect for comfort and practicality. The heel is enough to give you shape through the leg but low enough that you can wear them with quite a lot of walking and minimal discomfort. While I'm wearing them a little less atm due to the cooler weather, I can foresee these being an incredibly popular pair of shoes in my wardrobe in the coming warmer months.


These shoes retail for $68US through Royal Vintage Shoes, which works out to be around $91AUD, depending on the exchange rate on the day. For such a comfortable pair of shoes, these are incredibly well priced! Royal Vintage Shoes also ships worldwide with reasonable rates, tracked postage and I normally get my parcel in Australia within 1-1.5 weeks of my order!



And this style of shoe isn't just practical for casual jeans days! I've also worn it with two of my vintage dresses and loved the look it gave! Its a fun, versatile colour and an incredibly practical shoe!


I hope you've all enjoyed this blog post! As always, I'm more than happy to answer any questions you may have in the comments below!

This week may be a bit slow with my blogging thanks to the dreadful weather we had on the weekend, but I'll be catching up next week so keep your eyes peeled!

Til next time!

Disclaimer: Whilst I received these shoes as part of a sponsorship with Royal Vintage Shoes, all opinions expressed are honest to help ensure the most accurate information for my readers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment