Tuesday 21 June 2016

Step into swing with Pinup Girl Clothing Doris Pants


I’m going to start this blog post darlings, by saying you cannot believe how difficult swing pants are to get decent photos of! I’ve been trying for MONTHS to get good enough pictures of these incredible pants to review them and I just kept coming up short. These pants are so beautiful, with the flowing crepe and the wide leg, that they were hard to photograph so you could see their details, the little things that make them amazing. But, I finally managed it and here they are!

Flowers ~ Yellow double from Daisy Jean Floral Designs
Earrings ~ Retro Hilary earrings in fine gold glitter from Daisy Jean Floral Designs
Brooch ~ Yellow ribbon gold fish brooch by Luxulite from Coconette-Oz
Top ~ Robin top in antique green from Collectif
Pants ~ Doris Swing Pants in Black from Pinup Girl Clothing
Shoes ~ Saddle shoes from Royal Vintage Shoes
Have you ever seen a store you follow post a preview and know almost instantly how much you need it? Like the need is almost primal? That’s the reaction I had to those pants. From the moment I saw the sneak peak online, I knew I needed to have them! I put the notification reminder on my pinupgirlclothing account and when they were released I did a mini clear out of things I don’t wear anymore and used the money to take the plunge and buy them. My wait wasn’t long, with my fastest ever pug deliver EVER (ordered Thursday night and arrived Tuesday morning) and I was so incredibly excited when I unwrapped them once I was home. The crepe came flowing out of the bag like magic and I hurriedly put them on to find…my feet surrounded by a heap of extra fabric.


Now I had been expecting as much. I was nervous about the sizing, as I’m normally a large on the bottom half with PUG in skirts but pants have always been trickier to gauge. So I opted to size up to the XL to play it safe. Now for reference, I’m 165cm tall. So I’m not exactly short short but I’m hardly tall.  This meant that even with platform heels on, I still had drag on the bottom. So before I could wear them properly I took myself to the local alterations store and had them hemmed, so that I could wear them with flats as well as heels. The alterations set me back around $30, as the pants are lined so there were two layers and I was thrilled to have them back and fitting my shorter frame within 24 hours! I bought my Doris pants direct from Pinup girl clothing and with the exchange rate they cost me $173AUD ($128USD) + the $30US fedex.


So what can I tell you about the PUG Doris pants? Firstly, I can tell you they are amazingly comfortable. These pants are made of a pebble crepe which gives them a wonderful vintage feel. They are also fully lined which makes them an incredible winter pant as not only are they comfortable they are warm. They feature an elastic back and a rear zip, which leaves you looking smooth at the front while also allowing some give. I adore wearing these when I’m feeling a bit bloated as they smooth everything out and the elastic allows them to still fit comfortably. The Doris pants also feature POCKETS! Which we all know are a win for any girl. The pockets in the Doris pants are deep and practical because let’s be honest, no one likes impractical pockets! I am so incredibly happy I took the chance and bought them! Absolutely no regrets!

Goldfish brooch by Luxlite.
Yellow Rose Double and Hilary Retro earrings in Gold from Daisy Jean Floral Designs
The styling of these pants is also incredible! I’ve worn it dressed up with a more formal style top. I’ve worn it casual with a knit top or a retro tee. I’ve worn them with printed blouses. Their black colour makes them incredible versatile to style. The ultimate 1940’s pants for ladies who want a pair that can do it all! For my shoot I went casual with my styling, opting to team it with more muted tones of soft green and yellow and a more classic styling of a saddle shoe.


I hope you've all enjoyed this blog post! As always, I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have in the comments on this post or on my social media pages! I truly do love these pants and hope to be bringing you some more PUG reviews soon!

Til next time darlings!



No comments:

Post a Comment