Wednesday 14 September 2016

Gracious Gold with Retro Resins


For as long as I can remember, my go to accessories were brooches. I wore brooches and flowers. That was pretty much it. I felt intimidated by adding more accessories as a baby pinup and it was only as my confidence within pinup grew, that I slowly started adding necklaces and most recently: earrings. Earrings have become somewhat of an obsession. I started making them for my business, Daisy Jean and then I started buying from stores like Revere Folie and Deluxe Creations. My interest in earrings grew and grew, however I didn’t have a pair of statement hoops…something I so desperately wanted. When I saw Retro Resins were releasing a pair for pre-order, I jumped straight in and got myself a pair!


Retro Resin's is a New Zealand based accessory company founded and run by Miss Lorelei Louise. A lover of retro and vintage accessories, she found a passion for sharing her love of these things through her business Retro Resins. She uses a mix of new and vintage items to bring unique life to her etsy accessory store! I found her through the lovely Honey L'Amour who made the gorgeous top I'm wearing in this shoot (review coming soon)!


So I pre-ordered the Hollywood hoops on the 3rd August 2016 for $27.28AUD and $7.79AUD postage from New Zealand to Australia. They were promptly shipped on the 17th August, right on the expected ship out date. They arrived in just under 2 weeks, which is around normal for Australia post and I was so excited to unwrap my package and find these gorgeous goodies inside!


The Hollywood hoops size for me was initially very daunting. These are the biggest pair of hoops I own and it took me a while to start feeling comfortable wearing such a statement earring. But, their simple design and ease in styling helped make this transition for me easy. They are incredibly light weight, something which for me is important as a gal with sensitive ears! Heavy earrings tend to upset my ears but I’ve worn these a few days in a row on more than one occasion now with minimal soreness which is always a win. 


I’ve also found them to be an incredibly versatile pair of earrings! I’ve worn them a few different ways now and they are always met with positive compliments from people. Plus, if I feel like doing a bit more of a Marilyn look they are the perfect accessory! I’ve popped some of the ways I’ve styled these earrings down below!




These gorgeous earrings are now in stock and are available for $30AUD + postage! A must have for any 50’s lover and definitely a pair of earrings I will definitely keep on wearing! You can find Retro Resins on Etsy and Instagram!


Thank you all so much for reading this review! I have some SUPER exciting stuff happening behind the scenes at the moment that I cannot wait to share! I also have a big post about my first blogger conference trip coming this weekend, which is inspiring me to change up how I blog here, with those changes coming soon!

Til next time darlings!


No comments:

Post a Comment