Thursday 15 June 2017

1940s Nostalgia with Lindy Bop


2017 has been an exciting year for me, as it’s the year my 1940s love has truly begun to blossom. More and more pieces in my wardrobe have a 1940s feel and even though I still have about 50% of my wardrobe rocking the 1950s, its also super exciting to have been able to embrace an era I so adore for its elegance, class and sheer sophistication in styling. With true vintage 1940s pieces that fit my shape a rare (and normally expensive) find, I’m always excited to find reproduction goodies that fit the bill. So I was SUPER excited when I spied the Emma dress in Nostalgia floral print from lindy Bop on their website.

Hat & Gloves ~ Vintage
Brooch ~ Miss Be Mine brooch from Miss Lady A Broad
Belt ~ Kmart
Dress ~ Emma Nostalgic Wiggle Floral Print Dress from Lindy Bop
Shoes ~ Nita Heels from Royal Vintage Shoes
The Emma dress had been catching my eye for quite some time. I loved the neckline and the detailing across the front. I loved the print. But my wallet kept not matching my desires until a few weeks ago when I parted ways with a beautiful vintage hat I sold on that was too small for my head. I was so excited to receive my Emma dress. I ordered it on a Tuesday and it was in my hands Tuesday the following week! The postage was also tracked which I absolutely loved! It meant I could keep my eyes on my order and it also emailed me the delivery date two days before too!


The Emma dress features high neck knot and keyhole neckline, capped sleeves and a pleated front detail across the front skirt. A more pencil style than an aline or swing dress, this style is designed to hug curves and create shape.  As a girl with a bit of a tummy I adore the pleated detail across the front. It stops the usual ‘lump’ firmer wiggle styles can make my tummy have and instead give a streamline vintage look without making me feel restricted or uncomfortable. The high neckline also makes this a great dress for a more corporate workplace, as its not too busty but isn’t completely closed either. I like how the peep of skin in the keyhole breaks up the neckline of this dress.



The Emma Dress is 100% polyester and is fully lined. This lining is silky soft and is incredibly comfortable to wear. The invisible zip also does up without any fuss which is always a win (we know how temperamental invisible zippers can be. While I’m normally a size 16 in Lindy Bop swing styles, after reading this style had little stretch I sized up to the 18 to play it safe. This was a good move. The outer fabric has very little give and the size 18 fits my 47 in hips perfectly. Also while I normally need a padded bra to fill out wiggle dresses I size up in, the more modest bustline means I can simply wear my normally soft cup bullet bras without any issues.


I am also absolutely loving the floral print of the Emmadress as well. It’s definitely got a vintage feel and while with the accessories I wore for me shoot it has a vintage autumn feel, the pastel lilac through it could easily make it spring wear too! I’m absolutely in love with my Emma dress and have absolutely no regrets about taking the plunge and adding it to my wardrobe! I’ve been super impressed with my recent Lindy Bop additions in regards to consistent fit and quality and I cannot wait to share a more summer look with you all very soon!

The Emma Dress is available in UK8-22 (though some sizes are already sold out!) and is only £34.00/$58.42AU + postage!

I hope you've all enjoyed this review! 

Til next time darlings


2 comments:

  1. This is such wonderful fit on you. That front pleating is gorgeous, as is the neckline. Truly fabulous! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this dress on you and beautiful photos to! Lindybop has some gorgeous dresses and print out at the moment and I feel they're designs are getting better all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete