Wednesday 21 June 2017

Celebrating a Subtle Summer in Love Ur Look Clothing


When we think summer fashion, we automatically tend to think bright statement colours and prints. Summer is fun, bold and statement making. While bright prints are super fun, they definitely aren’t everyone’s cup of tea. As a retro gal who adores bright colours and works in the corporate world, I often find myself walking as a lone brightly clad figure in a sea of black, navy and grey. While I do love this contrast, I definitely also have days where I like to celebrate the brighter things in less of a super statement way which is why I’ve found myself completely in love with one of my newest wardrobe additions from Love Ur Look Clothing.

Flowers ~ Melody clip from Daisy Jean
Brooch ~ Calming Miranda from Miss Lady A Broad
Dress ~ Tiki keyhole dress from Love Ur Look Clothing
Shoes ~ No brand yellow peep toe heels


For those who aren’t familiar with Love Ur Look Clothing, I’ve shared them with you twice before. A great retro inspired clothing brand hailing from the UK, Love Ur Look Clothing make some very unique style dresses in fun fabrics. Two things that for me have always stood out about Love Ur Look is their unique necklines and dress backs along with the fact their dresses are made from cotton, something that for me is so important during the scorching Australian summers. Love Ur Look is also ethnically made which is something this brand is very proud of!


The Tiki Keyhole dress is a very pretty dress from their newest release which is perfect for the spring and summer seasons! (Or winter, if like me you’re in denial about how cold and wet it is!). This dress is also fabulous for people who require more discrete necklines without taking away from their pinup styling. Made of a 100% cotton, this dress breathes beautifully while still being warm in the cooler months. It features a back zip which had no snags or catches when doing up , a matching fabric belt and did I mention deep hidden pockets in the skirt too!? We all know how girls lose it when something has pockets!


The fabric is a stunning ‘distressed’ tiki print, which is a much softer tribute to summer florals than one normally sees. I absolutely adore this aspect of the dress as I found it gave a greater freedom to style it without accessories clashing or getting lost. It also wasn’t as overpowering on days I felt like lifting my mood without walking around like a colour beacon. The fabric is beautifully soft to touch and the soft pastel colourings through the dress are truly perfect for outdoor spring events and other summer social gatherings…or just a trip to the shops because I’m dressed up 90% of the time anyway!


The softer fabric also makes this dress great for a more casual look. It doesn’t look out of place with my unstyled hair and some simple make up but is also easily dressed up for an event. I talk in almost every review I do that for me, versatility is such a massive thing when I add things into my wardrobe! This dress definitely ticks that box on so many levels. Dressed down or up, this dress is a show stopper.


As I said before, the different bust and back lines of Love Ur Look clothing is one of the things that really sets them apart. In the Keyhole Tiki dress, there is a beautiful subtle cut out pattern along the bust. For me this detailing works very harmoniously with the print, as its enough to make a small statement and look incredible pretty without overpowering or trying to compete with the print. Size wise this dress is pretty true to. I’m wearing the XL which according to my measurements is best for my natural shape, but being an open hip dress I can easily enjoy this dress laced into a corset or without as well.


The perfect brooch for my shoot styling was the Calming Miranda brooch from Australian Store Lady A Broad. This brooch is extra special too! $5 out of each Calming Miranda brooch gets donated to the Headspace, an organisation that works to improve youth mental health. This smiling Miranda is helping to support young people battling their own demons and I think that’s a truly beautiful thing. You can purchase a Calming Miranda brooch by clickinghere.


I hope you’ve all enjoyed this review! I absolutely adore this dress and I’m really looking forward to this coming spring (which is still 2.5 months away!!) to be able to wear this dress so much more! I can also tell its going to be a summer staple, as our summers down under just keep getting warmer and this cotton will breath so beautifully.

The Tiki Keyhole dress retails for £58.00/$96.72AU + postage, which is a great price for such a beautifully made dress.

I’ve got some more coming this week so keep your eyes peeled! Lingerie reviews are also going to start dropping from next week so keep your eyes open for those.

Til next time darlings!

Disclaimer: Whilst I received this dress as part of a sponsorship with Love Ur Look Clothing  all opinions expressed are honest to help ensure the most accurate information for my readers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment