Wednesday 7 June 2017

Stepping into the 1930s with Royal Vintage Shoes


While I'm a massive lover of the 1940s, I've often shied away from the 1930s and even moreso the 1920s. I've always felt my curves too drastic, my pear shape too ill fitted for the sleekness of these eras. But as a shoe lover, a pair of heels can always change ones mind. When I saw the sneak peaks for the new Deco Darlings range coming to Royal Vintage Shoes, I knew I had been swayed. 



The Deco Darlings range is a gorgeous collection of heels with a definitely 1920’s to 1930’s feel. This is because like their previous 1940’s range, these gorgeous heels are modelled off original heels of the era…many of which the lovely ladies of Royal Vintage Shoes have in their personal collections. So if you’re a girl who likes an authentic look, Royal Vintage are definitely a place for you to look. 



The Evelyn oxfords in tan/brown caught my eye for its versatility and the fact they’re enclosed, because let’s face it wet winters are cold and it’s nice to have your toes dry and toasty. I’ve also noticed recently I have quite a lot of black in my shoe wardrobe and not much brown, so felt like these were a good investment to add to my neutrals collection. I was so excited when the box arrived I actually gave a bit of a squeal. They’re absolutely gorgeous in person. I found the perfect 1930s dress from Australian store Jacks Daughter to match the Evelyns Ofxfords too and I adore the finished look.


The Evelyn Oxfords are incredibly comfortable. The laces do up with ease and after wearing them for a whole day I can honestly say my feet faired wonderfully. I’ve had no blisters or rubbing from them at all and no aches from wearing heels afterwards. The lower heel makes them comfortable for walking if you find heels intimidating and your feet don’t slide around much inside them, even with stockings on. One thing to note is I did find the style a bit narrow through the end (it is a point and I am used to a rounded end) so if you do have wide long feet, this is something to consider when picking your size. I got my usual size 7.5 and they fit perfectly.


The Evelyn Oxfords were designed with a sporty feel in mind.  Made from Canvas and Leather they have a great finish that I have a feeling will be durable as well as comfortable. The Evelyn Oxfords also has a masculine feel which I enjoyed as for me they made these shoes feel strong, if there is such a thing. These heels can also be perfectly paired with so many different things too. I cannot wait to team it with my swing pants for example or the gorgeous tartan skirt I have coming from my mum. 


If you find the Tan version of the Evelyn’s aren’t for you, they’re also available in a bold navy and brown version! Being new to 1930s style shoes I opted for a more neutral option until I’m more comfortable with the styling. But the Navy in these are simply gorgeous and are a great statement shoe.


The Evelyn’s are still on pre-order at Royal Vintage Shoes but with the drop estimated at being around early June, they should be available any day now! The Evelyn Oxford heels retail for $150US/$199AU + postage. Royal Vintage are definitely worth the money too. Their shoes are comfortable, long wearing and a great finish to an authentic look.

I hope you’ve all enjoyed this review darlings! I’ve got another review from the Deco range coming soon for you all too.

Til next time! 

Disclaimer: Whilst I received these shoes as part of a sponsorship with Royal Vintage Shoes, all opinions expressed are honest to help ensure the most accurate information for my readers. 

2 comments:

  1. Those Oxfords are truly gorgeous - you can see the quality and comfort, as well as the style, from your photos. And I love them in combination with your beautiful dress. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous shoes, I love the style and colour of them! Such a perfect match with that lovely dress by Jack's Daughter! :)

    ReplyDelete