Thursday 14 April 2016

Dolores does it again ~ More mermaid magic!


Collectif brings out some incredible clothes! Since discovering one of my favorite Australian stores Gwynnies, I've added quite a lot of this incredible brand to my wardrobe! When I saw their new mermaid print Dolores dress, I just KNEW I had to make it mine! Thats right, I now have not just ONE mermaid dress but two! And I am incredible excited about this fact because you can never have too much mermaid in your life!

Flowers ~ Peach Double from Daisy Jean Floral Designs
Necklace ~ Purple Beads from Debstar Designs
Brooch ~ Mermaid Make up brooch set from Deer Arrow
Dress ~ Dolores dress in mermaid print by Collectif purchased from Gwynnies
Shoes ~ Lacey heels from Royal Vintage Shoes (read review here!)
This is my first dolores dress and it definitely won't be my last! It is very much like the Dolores top (I have 4 in different patterns). They feature elastic sleeves, a nipped bust in the centre, which also features 2 white pearl buttons along with a full circle skirt. The back zip makes getting it on and off very easy and the full skirt looks amazing with or without the a petticoat. 


I found the fit of this to be quite true to size. I bought the medium. It is a little loose but I would prefer it that way than super tight. The sleeves were a little uncomfortable on the first wear, but I found by the second wear the elastic had already loosened. The pattern of this dress is honestly incredible! The mermaids are so fun and I do actually like that they are a bit more on the modest side (boobies away!) means its work appropriate too, which is always something I look for now days.


The mix of colours always makes it such fun to accessories. For this look I chose my peach rose double from Daisy Jean Floral Designs, my light purple beads from Debstar Designs! The bust detailing on this dress truly is so pretty! It gives such a feminine touch to the dress, but its not so low that its not office appropriate.


The perfect touch to this dress is the Deer Arrow Mermaid Makeup Brooch set! I do absolutely adore how the pink and gold acrylic pops against the blue backdrop of the dress! You can get one for yourself by clicking here!


This dress is for sale from Gwynnies for $99.95AUD + postage but it is definitely worth it! The cut, the quality and the fabric alone are winners for me!

I hope you've enjoyed this post! As always, I'm more than happy to answer any questions you may have in the comments!

TIl next time darlings! Just keep swimming!


2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous dress on you, I love it! I also love both Gwynnies and Collectif...loving the new collection! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I really need to break it out more! Its such a great dress and so comfy too. Love gwynnies and I love all the new stock she's been getting in!

      Delete