Saturday 16 April 2016

Lovely Loraine Sandals ~ The perfect splash of confidence


Happy Saturday darlings!

I hope this sunny weekend is treating you well! Mine certainly is! Now that I’ve had some time to wear these gorgeous shoes properly, I figured it was time to sit down and have a chat with you all about them, especially since they are my first real pair of red heels!

The Lorraine heel by B.A.I.T Footwear first caught me eye on the Royal VintageShoes website due to the double strap detail around the back, the pretty cutout pattern in the front and the 1940's feel it has.  Despite wearing quite a lot of bold colours in my wardrobe, red was a colour that was lacking and with my desire to begin to work more Navy into my ever growing clothing horde, I felt it was time to take the plunge and add red shoes to the mix.


So I ordered these shoes in my usual 7.5. I instantly found they were incredibly tight in the front section, but fit perfectly in the length. The firmness meant ‘normal’ breaking in really wasn’t an option. I know sizing up would have meant they would have been too big, so I broke out a pair of my partners thick socks, got my blow dryer and sat blow drying my feet on hot for 5 minutes straight. I then kept the shoes and socks on for the next 20 or so minutes to allow them to stretch while the fabric cooled. The result, comfortable wearable shoes without the pain (and sometimes blisters ) of having to conventionally break in B.A.I.Ts. This is a technique I’ll definitely be employing with my B.A.I.Ts from now on, with how successful it was with this pair! 


I really do love the double strap detailing on these shoes and found that despite the higher than my normal heel, they were comfortable to wear over an extended. They fastened well and didn’t move around too much which is something I like in a heeled shoe.  


The heel, while being higher than what I normally wear, were still comfortable for a full day of walking…or as much walking as a desk job allows lol. I walk from home to the train station, from the station to work. I always try and get out for a walk on my lunch break to get out of the office and stretch my legs a bit and then do my trip in reverse. With my desk time between walks I was able to wear these shoes without having to change them for flats, which is always an awesome shoe win! Though, my feet were a little bit achy by the end of the day. I’m hoping as I continue to break them in by wearing them, this continues to reduce.


As with all B.A.I.T shoes, they are vegan and made of synthetic materials, which I know for some pin up ladies is a big deal! It also means that the blow drying method is super effective in helping to break them in as well, which is also an incredible plus! These shoes would be a good starter shoe for ladies who like heels but are ‘beginners’ in wearing them regularly, as the strap will make them easier to walk in.


Royal Vintage Shoes has the Lorraine heel in stock in red, retailing for $75US which is around $97 depending on the exchange rate! She also does worldwide shipping for those outside of the US which for me normally takes 1-2 weeks to arrive! Lauren has incredible customer service which is one of the reasons I love working with Royal Vintage Shoes so much! 


I hope you've all enjoyed this blog post! I have some more exciting blog posts coming to the blog next week so stay tuned! I hope you all have a great weekend!


Disclaimer: Whilst I received these shoes as part of a sponsorship with Royal Vintage Shoes, all opinions expressed are honest to help ensure the most accurate information for my readers. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the shoes and your blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! These shoes have really turned into a favorite of mine to be honest! So comfy now they're broken in!

      Delete