Wednesday 20 April 2016

Memorising Merlot ~ Lipstick by Style by Divine


Hello Darlings!

So I've finally got some lighting for my indoor photos sorted which means I can start reviewing smaller things like cosmetics and what not with quality photos! This is something I'm incredibly excited about! 




My first proper make up review is on the Merlot lipstick from Style by Divine



I've been a long time follower of Stephanie on social Media like Instagram and facebook, as she used to work at Australian Pin Up Store Miskonduct and this was how I found her myself.  Located in Newcastle Australia, she has since left Miskonduct to focus on growing her own small business based around vintage hair/make up styling, beauty and now her own cosmetics line. I'd previously bought some McArthur Skin Care products from her, to help better manage my incredibly sensitive skin, which have been amazing. 


 As someone who is forever hunting for new lipstick shades to use in my outfits, I was incredibly excited when I saw she was releasing her own range of cosmetics. I dropped her a message and ordered her new Lipstick in Merlot, as I'd been after a more pinky red for days I didn't want the bold reds of my Besame Cosmetics Shades.


It was shipped the day after ordering and I had it within 3 days of making my purchase, even with regular postage! The colour was gorgeous even within the tube and I've worn it a few times now before this review so I can give my most accurate feedback on this product!


Colour swatch of Merlot by Style By Divine
The colour came through as a very pretty blend of a darker red and a pink. It went on very smooth with ease and I was able to apply it with my usual straight from the stick and then outlining with a lipstick brush afterwards. It texture is quite creamy and while it is a 'matte' lipstick, I found it creamier and with more shine than some of my other matte lipstick products.  I tend to wear my lipsticks without a lip liner most days (I currently only have a red liner so need to expand my colour base there) and still found this lipstick sat well with minimal bleed, which is fantastic as bleeding is something I normally have issues with. It also didn’t dry my lips out throughout the day, which is something I always feel is important (because dry cracked lips are never fun!)


The colour was perfect for some of my more 1940’s style outfits and I found it was also a good option for days when I didn’t want something overly bold but something that wasn’t a light colour or a pastel.  It has a creamy texture which does mean it will transfer if touched, but I found it stayed quite well even after eating with minimal movement outside of my lip area. I took progress photos of its wear throughout a day to demonstrate its wear below (please excuse my somewhat awkward lip positions, my lips are something I've never really photographed before!). As you can see, even though it did come off a but through the middle, I was able to eat 3 meals before it even began to bleed at the edges, which in my opinion is a total win!


I’ve also found it to be an incredibly versatile colour to style! Here are 4 different wasn’t I’ve worn the same lipstick in the past week and a half! Its such a beautiful colour and definitely one I can see myself wearing a lot in the future!



All of Stephanie’s cosmetics are made in Australia and not tested on animals and are a cruelty free product. I paid $20AUD for my lipstick as well as regular postage costs. Its so great to see a local Australian business bringing such lovely products to the Australian Pinup Scene, especially with how expensive buying from overseas can be atm with the poor Australian Dollar. I'd highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a nice basic lipstick that wears well and is well made. I simply love mine and can see it getting a lot of wear in my wardrobe!


I hope you've all enjoyed this review and I look forward to hopefully bringing you more like this in the future! If you have any questions I'm more than happy to answer them, simply leave it on my Instagram post about this review or pop it in the comments below!

You can find Stephanie at the below places!
Instagram:@stylebydivine

Til next time darlings!







No comments:

Post a Comment