Friday 7 April 2017

Casual Chic with Penelope from Karina Dresses



It’s no secret I love a Karina Dresses dress. I’ve got a number of their designs in my wardrobe and not a week goes past where I don’t wear at least one of them. When I want to feel completely comfortable as well as look fabulous, these dresses are my go to. Their stretchy fabrics make them great for days when I don’t feel like wearing super structured garments and I love they are so nice on even when I’m not laced and smoothed out. I have noticed however, that I have certain styles I tend to stick to so I wanted to try and break outside my comfort zone. Penelope Mod Dress being added to my wardrobe! My first sleeveless style from Karina Dresses.

Scarf ~ Blue nylon Scarf from Daisy Jean
Earrings ~ Hoops from Luxulite
Necklace ~ Blue necklace from Debstar Designs
Brooch ~ Blue Barsony Ballerina brooch from Bel Air Baby
Dress ~ Penelope Dress in Mod Stripe from Karina Dresses
Heels ~ White pumps from Kmart
Karina dresses are a brand that make ‘crease free’ style dresses that have a vintage feel with their cuts and prints. I love the brand’s versatility. I can wear it for a more casual look or glam it up with a corset underneath and a pair of heels. Their comfort is also amazing. I recently wore Karina dresses for my flights to and from New Zealand and they did the trick for feeling comfortable on my flight. When I got the Penelope in Mod stripe, I thought it would be fun to play with a pattern that was quite versatile. Since having this dress I’ve styled it in ways that take it from the 1940’s through to the 1960s. It’s turned out to be a great versatile piece and I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve worn it over the past month. Perfect for casual pinup looks, this dress has been a fabulous addition to my wardrobe!


One this I do love about the Penelope is the neckline. Its not as low cut or showy as my other Karina Dresses styles which make it a great fit for my work in a corporate office. Despite being sleeveless I find the pattern doesn’t make my arms look bulky. Without a petticoat it comes to my knees, which for me is a comfortable length and I love the fact it has a built in waist sash which takes means one less thing to worry about in the morning! Just put it on and off you go. I’m wearing the size M/L in the Penelope and it fits comfortably. I find these styles are quite loose on the hips while the fabric has enough stretch to accommodate a bigger bust, which makes them ideal for curvier gals!

To accessorize this look I decided to play to the blue tones but in a lighter shade. I opted for a nylon scarf, hoops and necklace for a more late 50's look. My Barsony Ballerina brooch from Bel Air Baby felt like the perfect match to tie the look together. She comes in an array of colours too! I think I need to invest in the pink personally. 


The Penelope retails for $108US/$142AU. While this may seem a lot, I’ve been wearing Karina dresses for over 12 months now and they are still going strong. An amazing brand for pinup gals after super comfortable styles that are low maintenance. I’d like to mention too these dresses would be amazing for new mums as many of the styles would be quite breast feed friendly!

Also don't forget to enter my giveaway with Karina dresses, you could win a chance to get your own Karina dresses dress too!

Til next time darlings!

Disclaimer: Whilst I received this dress in a collaboration with Karina Dresses, all opinions expressed are honest to help ensure the most accurate information for my readers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment