Wednesday 5 April 2017

Striking Statements in Voodoo Vixen's Amber



Contrary to how it may look online, blue is actually my favorite colour and it was pretty much my most worn colour growing up. Surprisingly now days, there isn't as much blue in my wardrobe as I'd like. Its a colour thats definitely been lacking and its something I've been aware of when I'm looking for new pretty things to add (not that I have the room but I'll always find the room!). The Amber Electric Blue Floral Dress from the newest Voodoo Vixen range, I knew I had to have it in my wardrobe!



Flower ~ Yellow Gerbera from Daisy Jean
Earrings ~ Eclipse Studs from Revere Folie
Necklace ~ Yellow Beads from Debstar Designs
Brooch ~ Rose Brooch from Deer Arrow (now discontinued)

Now Voodoo Vixen is no stranger to my blog. I've been sharing their designs with you for the past 12-18 months. But I must admit, their most recent range literally knocked me off my feet! The Amber dress is from the Voodoo Vixen’s newest range and I’m absolutely smitten with it. As most of this range has a strong 1940’s feel, I knew I’d love it immediately, with 3 pieces finding their way into my wardrobe. The Amber dress for me really is a show stopper. I love the vibrancy of the blue, the brightness of the florals. Being in the Southern Hemisphere when most retro brands are in the northern hemisphere…we tend to swap seasons when it comes to look books and releases. But in this case, I’m quite sure that the Amber is going to help brighten my autumn work wardrobe.


 The Amber dress is made of a thinner polyester that is perfect for warmer weather…making it fantastic for our Northern Hemisphere counterparts. However, I’m not too worried about wearing it in Autumn here down under. Being a corset wearer means I can easily layer up this dress…and it would look amazingly cute with a cropped cardigan and some seamed stockings for warmth. I’m wearing the size Large, which fit me both with and without a corset. The cut of this dress is impeccably flattering. It features a deep V neck with a wrap style bust which has the loveliest pleating detail through it. The waist band also gives great definition without shapewear, simply because of the visual variation from bust to waist to the flared hips. I also do love the little cross over sleeves.



The Amber features a back zip which makes getting it on and off easy. The fabric is light, flowy and oh so pretty. Can we stop for a moment to talk about the actual pattern on the fabric. While blue is a colour I adore, yellow is a colour I don’t wear much now days. Being a blonde, I find yellow on my skin tone now days tends to wash me out. But the yellow in this dress simply just POPS and I love how these can be played to accessory wise. I loved teaming it with a yellow flower for an extra wow factor. Adding a crinoline or petticoat will help add amazing shape as well.



For accessories I decided to play to the colours in the dress pattern. Yellow necklace and flower, a pop of gold on my ears and a rose brooch. This one is an older style deer arrow brooch that’s now discontinued but I do adore it so much. Its so pretty and with the newest Disney live action remake of Beauty and the Beast at the movies it felt like the perfect time to break this favorite out! 


While the gorgeous Amber dress is already sold out on the Voodoo Vixen website, some of their stockists such as Top Vintage still have it in stock! You can snap yourself up this gorgeous dress from  $84AU from Top Vintage and looking at their postage options they're incredibly reasonable!

I hope you've all enjoyed this review. I loved shooting it by the bridge though I am a little sad I didn't get to shoot it in New Zealand! Our one free day to shoot we got blown out!

I've got some more Voodoo Vixen goodies coming to the blog too from this amazing new collection! Keep your eyes peeled!

Disclaimer: Whilst I received this dress in a collaboration with Voodoo Vixen, all opinions expressed are honest to help ensure the most accurate information for my readers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment