Wednesday 12 April 2017

Hard to believe its repro ~ Australian boutique Lavender & Peaches



Now days I’m an absolute sucker for true vintage styling. Its something I’ve been finding as I’m getting older. While I still love my fun quirky prints, now days I’m more inclined to reach for something with a more true vintage feel to it. I guess one could say that I’m growing up a bit….well as grown up as I can be for nearing my 27th birthday. And while I adore true vintage garments…with my body shape and size it can be a hard game and often an expensive one. Sometimes though, you can strike lucky with reproduction garments that truly pay homage to true vintage pieces and this amazing sheath dress from newly opened Australian Boutique Lavender and Peaches is one of those items!

Flowers ~ Peaches and cream rose double from Daisy Jean
Dress & Brooch ~ Rosemary dress and parrot brooch from Lavender and Peaches
Shoes ~ Lacey heels in cream from B.A.I.T Footwear

Lavender and Peaches boutique is a new small business right here in Australia. With stock currently being handmade by the owner Jay-Dee, a lover of vintage fashion and everything vintage styling entails she’s opened a boutique to share her amazingly authentic looking designs with the rest of us! As a fellow boss babe, I love seeing other women trying to grow and build their own small businesses and fully support them when I can. So when Jay-Dee reached out the help share the word of her new store and I saw the designs on offer I had to say yes! After some discussion on measurements I was posted out a size 16 in the Rosemary dress to try out. I was super excited to receive my dress, beautifully wrapped in brown paper with twine and labeled beautiful with a hand written note.



The Rosemary dress is a stunning 1950’s style sheath dress, made of a cotton blend (97% cotton to 3% spandex) in a stunning bright peach colour. This colour is one I wore a lot of in my teens and I must admit I’m glad to see it coming back into my wardrobe. Firstly…the fit. The 16 fits me perfectly, with or without shapewear thanks to the fabric there is some stretch while still maintaining its structure. The shape of this dress is incredibly true vintage. When I first posted photos on my social media last week wearing this gorgeous dress a lot of gals commented thinking this dress was a true vintage find! Hard to believe its repro, this dress is definitely made to look the part. Being a pear girl this dress has been a dream to wear. The nipped waist accentuates my naturally smaller waist while accommodating my much larger hips. The darts at the front also help slim the tummy and the neckline gives the illusion of an hourglass shape. The gorgeous Rosemary features a side zip, for an authentic 1950’s look and is a comfortable length for wearing for work or leisure. 


This dress really is the whole package, with the matching brooch included in your purchase. This cute brooch, featuring 3 parrots is the perfect pop of colour which beautifully completes this vintage look. It also makes it a great dress for ladies who are potentially new to vintage styling as it would give them a complete look they only have to add small additions to finish the look, such as a string of pearls and a pair of shoes. I also love the versatility of this dress. I’ve worn it to work but I could easily wear it out to dinner or to something a bit dressier by adding the right accessories. Versatility is something I look at with everything I add to my wardrobe and this dress definitely ticks that box.



The gorgeous dresses at the Lavender and Peach boutique are all handmade in house by locally sourced sustainable products. The Rosemarydress will set you back $149AU (brooch included) and has free domestic shipping here in Australia as well as posting overseas!


The store is stock currently modest, which as a new handmade business it’s easy to understand! This is definitely a dress I’ll be getting a lot of wear out of and I encourage other ladies to support small independent seamstress based businesses and snap one of these up if you love it as much as I do! They also have some gorgeous new pink pedal pushers in stock as well, which you can see on Aussie pinup beauty Miss Lady Lace’s Instagram.

I hope you've all enjoyed this review as much as I did writing it! I loved styling this dress for this post!

Til next time darlings!

Disclaimer: Whilst I received this dress in a collaboration with Lavender and Peaches, all opinions expressed are honest to help ensure the most accurate information for my readers. 

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I could pull this colour off but it looks perfect on you. I adore the shape too - and what a bargain to have the brooch thrown in! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's a really lovely dress on you, I love that colour too! That's wonderful you also was given a brooch to wear with this dress! :)

    ReplyDelete