Tuesday 25 April 2017

Embrace the party season in Voodoo Vixen


While we may be staring down the barrel of winter down under, spring is quickly coming its way for all my northern hemisphere readers and after the posts I saw about your winter, it seems many of you are welcoming the warmer weather with open arms. Spring of course is party season. The warmer weather seems to almost creep into our homes and clasp our hands lovingly to pull us outside into the very bosom of nature. It’s a celebration of warmer weather allowing us to entertain outdoors and catch up with friends and loved ones without being driven inside to hide where it’s warm. Party season of course is also a chance for dressing up and I wanted to share a dress that I cannot wait to wear to as many parties as I can, even if it means adding a big jacket to get to my destination!

Flowers ~ Black rose double from Daisy Jean
Earrings ~ Medium heathers tears in red glitter from Daisy Jean
Necklace ~ Black bead necklace from Debstar Designs
Dress ~ Scarlett Red Embroidered Dress from Voodoo Vixen
Shoes ~ Nita Heels from Royal Vintage Shoes

As I said last week, for me Voodoo Vixen has completely blown it out of the water with their latest release. I love the designs. The designs are so varied that there really is something for everyone and I find myself compelled to keep adding some of their newest goodies to my wardrobe. The Scarlett Red Embroidery dress I couldn’t help snap up within the first few weeks of the collections release. I love the colour red. When I started this blog my hair was Jessica Rabbit red. But now days I rock a less bold blonde shade….but my wardrobe has definitely picked up the slack as I wear more red than ever before! 


The Scarlett dress truly is a show stopper. With a bright red base colour and a stunning black floral embroidery. It was this detailing which really drew me to the Scarlett as for me it truly made the dress. I was so excited for it to arrive and it got to me super quickly considering it was coming from the UK (just over 1 business week!). I was delighted to find theScarlett is zipless. This dress is a pull over the head dress which has elastic sheering in the back. This detail for me means this dress is going to be very figure friendly for a variety of different shaped ladies! The straps are also adjustable which is also great, as we have different busts and shoulder sizes too!


For me, the styling of this dress is also incredibly versatile. I’ve worn it to work with a bolero to make it office appropriate (because thin straps in my workplace are a no no) and got a lot of compliments on it. I’ve also worn it out in the evening without covering up and it was equally as popular. For me this makes this dress a versatile one as I can wear it not just as a party dress, but also as a work dress too! The Scarlett dress is also 100% cotton which means it breaths (though some ladies may find the fabric to be a bit on the thinner side...its not sheer or see through) ! Which living in the humid mess that is Sydney (at least in the warmer seasons) means this dress would be perfect for warm outdoor events as well as more high glam for the evenings (just remember your sunscreen and a cute parasol if you are outdoors as it offers no shoulder protection!). A show stopper no matter the occasion!


The stunning embroidery design also runs the entire bottom half of this dress, which is great for helping to streamline and smooth the waist. The dress is also pleated at the waist which helps smooth the hips and tummy. This dress does have a lining layer sewing into it, so no need to wear a slip as it stops the dress being see through. For reference I’m wearing the size Large which is a very comfortable fit due to the elastic back of the bodice. I’m absolutely smitten with this dress and at the moment it’s a high contender as my birthday party outfit for next month (unless the weather jumps to COLD really quick).


For more of a glam look I wore my Nita heels from RoyalVintage Shoes and finishing touches from Daisy Jean and Debstar Designs to help complete this look. I had such a great time shooting this dress in a stunning Japanese garden. I feel like the colours of the green and the stones really helped make the red tones just POP!

The Scarlett Red Embroidery Dress retails for £47.00/$80AU and Voodoo Vixen postage to Australia is only $14.50AU too!

I hope you've all loved this review! I'm so excited for whats coming to the blog in May!



1 comment:

  1. Wow this dress is absolutely stunning on you! I've seen it on a few other bloggers and love it on them as well! Love your photos and review! xo

    ReplyDelete