Monday 3 April 2017

Nautical vibes with Ms Katts Kustom House

 

One of my favorite things about pinup is the ability to "theme" dress and really go to town with it. Whether it be creating an authentic look of going for something a bit more fun, theme dressing will always help life my mood on a dreary day. Another love of mine is retro styled trousers. This love has been blossoming over the last 12 months as I find some days skirts are just impractical (like when its absolutely freezing or blowing a Gail). While wiggle skirts can be an option, I find that unless I'm wearing the right undergarments, I can get thigh rub. There are some days I just want to look and feel super comfy. I own quite a few pairs from different brands now (I love how different brands help give different looks!) and when I was contacted by Ms Katt to help give some feedback on her new swing trousers, I knew I needed a pair in my life!


Flowers ~ Blue Double from Daisy Jean
Earrings ~ Hollywood Hoops from Retro Resins
Shoes ~ Halina heels by B.A.I.T
Ms Katt’s Kustom House is a pinup/rockabilly store in Australia based all the way down in Tasmania. But don’t fret, she posts Australia wide and her store also has afterpay/Zippay. I’ve been loving her selection of goodies, stocking some brands I otherwise would be hesitant to buy from on the first go due to being overseas (Miss Candy floss and Glamour Bunny to name two) and the service with all my orders to date has left me a super happy customer! Ms Katt has released her own range of swing trousers (made in Australia too!)   recently, that come in a range of colours and are incredibly comfortable. I’m rocking the red ones for this shoot and they definitely lend themselves to the ‘nautical feel’. I love that even on my curvy frame these trousers are comfortable and functional. Made of a ‘no crease’ fabric they are a ‘lazy pinups’ friend as they don’t need any ironing. Simply wash and hang dry for a seamless finish.


 These trousers feature white front button detail and a size zip for easy wear. The fabric is comfortable and has some stretch, though not a whole lot and while they breath OK I found on super humid days they got a bit too warm for my liking, so definitely a cooler weather pair than a warmer weather pair. For reference, I’m wearing the size 18’s, which is currently the largest size they go to. I opted for the 18’s to allow a comfortable hip fit, though they are looser than I’d normally wear on my waist. The size chart currently caters an Australian 10-18.


 I kept to a nautical theme with my accessories to tie in with the trousers. My navy striped dolly top by Hell Bunny that I got from Gwynnies tied in beautifully for a colour contrast. For a color contrast I popped on my Big Blue brooch from Erstwilder’s new Ocean Vibes range. I do love this little guy.




These trousers retail for $120AU + postage! Though for my readers, if you use coupon curvecreation you’ll get $30 at check out! And for Aussie gals who can’t afford big purchases up front, her store is approved for Afterpay and Zippay!


Happy shopping lovelies and I’m looking forward to bringing you some more awesome content this April!

Lovely photography thanks to Phil Ingram.

Disclaimer: Whilst I received this dress in a collaboration with Ms Katt's Kustom House, all opinions expressed are honest to help ensure the most accurate information for my readers. 

1 comment:

  1. These are great swing trousers, they look wonderful on you! Thanks for the review on these! :)

    ReplyDelete