Wednesday 24 May 2017

Ocean vibes with Karina Dresses


I love the ocean growing up. Its honestly where my mermaid aspirations come from. I wanted to be apart of it. To learn about it. To help protect it. But sadly, life and the economy meant that dream didn't happen for me. As I grew up and moved to the city, I got further away from my beloved ocean. So when I saw the Katharine Dress in Seaglass from Karina Dresses newest release, I knew I needed to add it into my wardrobe. The pattern to me had such a feel of the ocean and its a cut that is one of my favorites. It was meant to be.

Scarf ~ Blue Nylon Scarf from Daisy Jean
Earrings ~ Holly hoops in bright blue glitter from Daisy Jean
Beads ~ Blue Beads from Debstar Designs
Brooch ~ Fun Loving Fugu Brooch from Erstwilder
Dress ~ Katharine dress in Seaglass print
The Katharine dress is a style from Karina Dresses that I absolutely love. Its high neck line makes it ideal for me to wear at work and I love the built in sash, as it means I don't have to go hunting for a belt when I wear this dress. Since the sash is made of the same stretchy material  as the dress, it can help nip the waist while adhering to your body shape which makes it friendly for all shapes and sizes. The Katharine features slightly capped sleeves too, which help change the cut of this dress from a sleeveless and offering some light cover on the shoulders as well.


With winter looming here in Australia (not that you could tell from the beautiful weather on my shoot day!) the pattern of this newest Karina dress gives a soft summer feel to this cooler time of year. Karina dresses do err on the thinner side with their fabric which makes them ideal for summer weather, but I find in winter simply adding a slip and a cardigan is enough to bring my Karina dresses to a more winter friendly warmth level.



For those who aren't familiar with Karina Dresses, they are the ultimate low fuss staple in my wardrobe. Iron free (simply wash and hang on the hanger to dry!) they are a dream to wear for the pinup on the go, they're comfort cannot be surpassed (wore mine on both ways of my recent flights to New Zealand without any issues at all) and they sit beautifully on a variety of body shapes thanks to their stretch and zip free fabric. Able to be worn with or without a petticoat to create a variety of looks, Karina Dresses come in a group of staple styles that are released in limited prints.




I’m wearing my normal size M/L in the Katharine dress and it fits perfectly. I could easily size down but prefer these dresses a bit looser for those days I just want to be 100% comfortable. For this shoot I embraced my love of the ocean and took its cues for my styling. Wearing soft pastel blues to compliment the green of their Seaglass print and teaming it with my newest Erstwilder purchase Fun Loving Fugi brooch since I have a special spot in my heart for puffer fish!


I hope you've all enjoyed this review. Karina dresses retail for $108US/$144AU + postage but honestly, they are seriously worth the money. I have a number of Karina Dresses in my wardrobe now and after over 12 months of wear they are all still going strong. In summer or when I'm having a blah day, they are my go to as they can so easily be a casual dress or something a bit dressier, depending on how you style it!


Til next time darlings!

Disclaimer: Whilst I received this dress as part of a sponsorship with Karina Dresses, all opinions expressed are honest to help ensure the most accurate information for my readers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment