Wednesday 12 October 2016

Pink Princess Curves with Honey L'Amour


As a small business owner myself, I'm always on the look out for other small businesses whose stuff I love. Its always so fun to see what other artistic minds create and I love incorporating other people's gorgeous pieces into my wardrobe! When I was contacted by New Zealand based brand Honey L'Amour about trying one of her Princess Blouses, I knew I needed a skirt to match! So I bought this stunning wiggle skirt in soft floral which Honey L'Amour sent me a sneak peak of!

Flowers ~ Red Rose Double from Daisy Jean Floral Designs
Earrings ~ Vienna Earrings in Silver
Top ~ Princess Blouse in Pink from Honey L'Amour
Belt ~ Hell bunny Belt in Lilac from Gwynnies
Skirt ~ Floral Wiggle Skirt from Honey L'Amour
Shoes ~ Marilyn Pumps in Red from Royal Vintage Shoes
Honey L'Amour is a New Zealand based brand, made by the gorgeous Honey L'Amour herself. An amazingly talented pinup who has modelled, performed in cabaret and burlesque, she's also a singer, artist, hair stylist, makeup artist and fashion designer. With a long history in the pinup scene in NZ, she now brings her amazing fashions that are bright, bold and fun for any pinup. She also recently created an amazing Disney Princess Inspired Range recently that you should totally check out!


I've been on the hunt for quite a while for the perfect pale pink top and I am absolutely in love with this one. The Princess Blouse is incredibly comfortable. The Princess Blouse features a bottom back zip for easy wear and elastic around the arms and bust to help keep it in place. The gathered bust gives a beautiful sweetheart neckline that gives this blouse a beautiful softness and femininity. 


This top also sits beautifully around the bust, which as a smaller busted girl I can appreciate. It helps give my bust a more defined shape, which helps balance out my figure. I'm wearing the size large, which fits beautifully. The elastic has enough hold that I can wear it on my shoulders or off like in these photos. The fabric is 100% cotton, which as someone with sensitive skin means it allows my skin to breath and is perfect for summer when Australia gets very humid and hot.


The skirt is a masterpiece in its own right! In later 2016 I decided I wanted to try and embrace my pear shaped figure more by wearing wiggle styles more. This skirt, made of cotton satin is just as beautiful to wear as the Princess Top. Comfortable to wear, this skirt was made to measure and is a beautiful fit. The fabric is a stunning pale pink with dark red, soft blue and gold flowers. This skirt features a pink box pleat for a modest wear, which for a corporate pinup like me is incredibly important. Due to being cotton satin is does crease a little after sitting (sadly part of my job) but I honestly don't mind as there few few firm fabrics that don't crease with sitting.


This skirt's varying fabric makes it such a versatile piece, just like the Princess Blouse. It features a back zip with a comfortable waistband for easy wear. For this shoot I teamed this look with a lilac accent in the belt, silver earrings and red shoes and a flower: all playing into the patterns in the skirt fabric. This skirt is coming to the Honey L'Amour store very soon so keep your eyes peeled to snatch one up!


The Princess Blouse comes in Black, Pastel Lilac, Pastel Pink and Pastel Blue and retails for $95NZ dollars + postage. I definitely recommend checking out this amazing small business. She's been an absolute pleasure to deal with and her products are so beautifully made and high quality.

I hope you've all enjoyed this blog post darlings! I've got some super exciting stuff coming between now and the end of the year so keep your eyes peeled!

Til next time

 Disclaimer: Whilst I received the Princess Blouse as part of a collaboration with Honey L'Amour, all opinions expressed are honest to help ensure the most accurate information for my readers. 

1 comment: