Saturday 7 January 2017

Paper Barks and UK beauty ~ The Pink Ribbon Dress from Love Ur Look

 

For those who don't know, I'm an Aussie Based pinup girl and our summers get hot. Its crazy humid and I'm always looking for amazing dresses that I can wear all year round, that breath well in the summer but are also comfortable within the cooler months as well (though our cooler months do seem to be getting shorter and shorter!) and I am definitely in love with this incredible dress from Love Ur Look clothing!


Flowers ~ Yellow Rose Double from Daisy Jean Floral Designs
Earrings ~ Medium heathers teardrops in pearl pink from Daisy Jean Floral Designs
Necklace ~ Yellow beads from Debstar Designs
Brooch ~ Calming Miranda from Miss Lady A Broad
Dress ~ Pink Ribbon Dress from Love Ur Look Clothing
Shoes ~ Nita Heels from Royal Vintage Shoes (review coming very soon!)
I absolutely fell in love with the palm tree button back back dress from Love Ur Look Clothing and I was super exciting to get something that was a bit more versatile in regards to the weather! The gorgeous Pink Ribbon Dress arrived within 2 weeks to me down under all the way from the UK. Love Ur Look do amazing dresses with amazing distinctive details! In my last dress is was the back button detail. In this dress its the shape around the shoulders, bust and back.



I was so excited to get it out and feel the fabric. One of the thing I love about Love Ur Look is that they use 100% cotton in their dresses. As a gal with super sensitive skin, especially in the humid heat a cotton dress is an amazing way I can look glam and not have to compromise my comfort. It felt so soft when I got it on and it was so incredibly comfortable to wear. I've worn it on a few really humid days without any heat agitation which has been wonderful. This dress features a back zip for easy wear, a full skirt and also comes with a matching belt.



The cut of this dress also means that its perfect for a lot of different events and functions. Whether it be work, play, formal events or just for something casual. You can dress it up or down, its such a beautiful versatile piece. This dress also features sleeves down to just above the elbow, which is a great option for ladies who like a bit of coverage on their arms. 



I absolutely adore this dress and I honestly cannot wait to play with the styling of it. Plus the cut and sleeves mean I'll be able to wear it right through winter as well as through our warmer summer. For this shoot I loved teaming it with yellow. It looked so beautifully with the yellow netting around the bottom and the soft tones throughout the dress. I'm wearing an XL though I could have easily sized down to a large. I have had some darts put on the shoulders to help them stay, as my shoulders are quite rounded which can make sleeves and straps a bit tricky.



The perfect match for this gorgeous dress was the Calming Miranda brooch from Miss Lady A Broad. A brooch with a difference, $5 of every sale of this gorgeous brooch goes to the Headspace Organisation which is a youth Mental Health organisation here in Australia. A glam way to support a great cause.



This gorgeous dress is £52.00 which equates to around $87.71AUD/$63.93USD + postage. This is a great small company that also supports ethical work environments for the people who make their gorgeous garments. If this style isn't your thing, they have a range of different styles in their store so definitely give Love Ur Look a look!

I hope you've all enjoyed this review! As I said earlier this week, I've got a big January coming for you all so I hope you all love the posts I've got coming.


Disclaimer: Whilst I received this dress as part of a collaboration with Love your Look, all opinions expressed are honest to help ensure the most accurate information for my readers. 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos! I love how they're dresses have standout prints and designs! The back detail is gorgeous on this dress! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The back details are probably one of my favorite features of Love Ur Look. Such a great way to make a statement! Thank you gorgeous x

      Delete