Monday 13 February 2017

The season of love with Karina Dresses


Valentines Day is almost here and I must be honest, its not really a day that I celebrate. I don't believe personally in having one day to show my love and appreciation for my partner. However over the past few years I've come to view Valentines Day as a day not judged by how much you love a partner based on the cost of the gift we buy them, but as a celebration of loving myself and a celebration of sharing many days of love with my partner. But we still want to look our best and the New Trudy Cherry Blossoms dress from Karina Dresses definitely ticked all the boxes for me!

Flowers ~ 3 rose clip and Rose doubles in peach & peaches & Cream from Daisy Jean
Necklace ~ Pastel pink beads from Debstar Designs
Brooch ~ Love Letters from Miss Lady A Broad
Bag ~ Red Retro Bag from Lola Von Rose
Shoes ~ White pumps from Kmart

I've been a lover of Karina Dresses for quite some time now, which is testament by their feature on my blog over the past 12 months. Comfortable, low maintenance, figure friendly and suitable for an array of different occasions this new pattern from Karina Dresses in a favorite dress style is perfect to brighten this coming autumn for us in the Southern Hemisphere as well as Spring for the girls in the Northern Hemisphere.


This is my second Trudy dress. My first Trudy was in the stunning Navy and Red pattern and its definitely one of my favorites. So when I saw the stunning new Cherry Blossom pattern in the same gorgeous cut, I knew I had to make it mine. One reason I love the Trudy dress is as a smaller busted girl, it makes my shape look more of an hourglass thanks to its sweetheart neckline. It features small sleeves which help give some coverage. Featuring a wider waist band it helps give shape to the waist as well as flattering the figure. 


Karina Dresses are comfortable. I say this every review but they really truly are. Karina Dresses don't feature a zip, they are stretchy enough to simply pull over your head, while still keeping their shape and structure. They are truly the ultimate travel dress as well, I know what I'll be wearing on my upcoming trip to New Zealand next month. Great for long trips on planes, public transport or in the car. Light enough to wear in an Australian summer and for winter wear simple wear with a slip, stockings and a cardigan. Karina Dresses are also a minimal effort kind of dress as well. Simply wash and hang, no need to iron! Its crease free.


The pattern truly does pop in real life! Featuring a mix of reds, pinks, greens and purples this dress will turn heads no matter what time of year and I know I'll get as much wear out of this stunning dress as I do my other Karina Dresses. For styling for this shoot I gave it more of a 1960's feel for a change, whereas 40's is normally my go to. A fun beehive with coral colours and lots of flowers to help bring a Valentines day feel to this look. My Lola Von Rose red handbag was the perfect addition to this outfit for the finishing touch! For reference I'm wearing the M/L size but have sized down to the S/M before in other styles without issues.



The Karina Trudy dress retails for $108US/$140AUD + postage and they do ship worldwide. I know this may seem a lot but this is honestly a dress that you can wear to anything: work, a night out, a casual day, a trip, a day which demands a bit more of a physical than a normal day. So why not treat yourself to something fabulous this Valentines day! 

Don't forget to love yourself, compliment yourself and nurture your self love relationship!

I hope you all enjoyed this review as much as I did braving the wind to shoot it!

Til next time darlings!


Disclaimer: Whilst I received this dress as part of a sponsorship with Karina Dresses, all opinions expressed are honest to help ensure the most accurate information for my readers. 

1 comment:

  1. This dress is absolutely stunning on you, I love the style and that gorgeous floral print! Beautiful photos as well! xo

    ReplyDelete