Friday 10 February 2017

Timeless 50's dresses with 1950s Glam


Classic vintage styled sleeveless cuts of dress are one of my favorite go to’s in the warmer months. They’re timeless, comfortable and a dream to accessorize. Plus they can easily be made winter wear with layering of a blouse or long sleeve shirt underneath, or a cute cardigan. With their ease of wear and styling, they are a great wardrobe staple for both the beginner and seasoned retro girl and this stunning dress from 1950’s Glam is no exception.

Flowers ~ Red Rose Double from Daisy Jean Floral Designs
Necklace ~ Red heads from Debstar Designs
Brooch ~ Hello Telephone Brooch in Red from Deer Arrow
Dress ~ Blue Porcelain Vintage Dress
Belt ~ Hell Bunny retro belt in red from Gwynnies
Shoes ~ Red Lorraine heels by BAIT from Royal Vintage Shoes
 1950s Glam is a small business based in Sydney Australia. Started by two retro loving girls who admire the fashions of times past, they specialize in dresses from the 1940’s through to the 1960’s with dress styles available for both day wear and evening wear. They stock both swing and wiggle dresses and even have beautiful dresses that would appeal more the ladies who prefer a more modern twist with a light touch of vintage in their wardrobe. With their huge range of designs I opted for a stunning blue patterned dress, which I knew would be fun to accessorize and looked great for the warmer summer months.


My Blue Porcelain Vintage dress arrived and I was so excited to see how pretty the pattern looked in person. It was a bright vibrant blue and the floral pattern really gives this dress a timeless feel. It features a bateau neckline, which is great for gals who need necklines that are more work appropriate or work in a corporate environment. While this is a sleeveless style a cute cropped cardigan or bolero can quickly give coverage while not hampering the overall look of the dress. A high waist line with a circle skirt bottom allows for this dress to give the waist a cinched look without foundations. 



While this dress does come with a faux black leather belt, I personally prefer to team dresses with bright retro belts that match my outfit. In this case I went red, which matches my styling of my heels, red phone brooch, flower and necklace. Red is a great colour to team with blue but I also love matching pinks, yellows, purples with blue as well for a very pretty contract. The BluePorcelain Vintage dress also features a hidden back zip for easy wear that doesn’t disrupt the lines of the dress. Easy to wear with or without a petticoat (worn for this review with a crinoline) too, which is versatile for ladies who either prefer not to wear petticoats or for work reasons can’t. For length reference, with a petticoat is sits just above my knees and without it sits just below.


Size wise I went with the XL.  As this dress is 100% cotton, it does have a bit of stretch and as my upper body is the smallest part of my shape I could have sized down if I’d wanted to. But for a more comfortable fit, I went with the XL which was true to my measurements. A belt easily pulls in the waist too if you have a bit of a bust its easy to make the waist look fitted if you need to size up to accommodate your bust. I've worn this dress a couple of times now and its wonderfully comfortable. The sleeves don't dig in under the arms, the zip stays up and doesn't catch and even without a petticoat on this dress is flattering and comfortable.


The Blue Porcelain Vintage Dress is $95.30AUD and they do free shipping regardless of where you are in the world! Which is amazing for gals who love their stock who don’t live locally!

I hope you’ve all enjoyed this review and this dress as much as I do. You can also find 1950s glam on facebook and Instagram!

A massive thank you to photographer Phil Ingram for these gorgeous snaps too.

Til next time darlings!

Disclaimer: Whilst I received this dress as part of a sponsorship with 1950s Glam, all opinions expressed are honest to help ensure the most accurate information for my readers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment