Tuesday 23 February 2016

Roar with the Erstwildersaurus Collection!


So as I covered in a previous post, I'm a bit of a dork. Ok I'm a dork. A bit doesn't even cover it. Yes I like to look pretty and polished but a lot of my spare time is spent soaking up documentaries and I do actively try and learn new things every day. As a kid, my thurst for learning was almost insatiable! I would often read the encyclopaedia Britanica books my grandfather bought me for fun, while I enjoyed cartoons I would watch Animal Plant and Discovery Channel with equal enthusiasm and I was no stranger to asking my mother to give my 'assignments' to complete over the long school holidays!


Dinosaurs in particular were a huge childhood love of mine. I had a large dinosaur toy collection as a kid (its actually still at my grandmothers and is now the 'communal' toys box for kids visiting) which I bought mostly through saving up my pocket money and going to the shops to get a new dinosaur every few weeks. While I did always have a soft spot for the Brontosaurs and the Triceratops, my heart truly belonged with T-Rex and especially the velociraptors. While many kids were scared by Jurassic Park, I was entranced and a love affair that has stayed with me through to adulthood blossomed.

So when I saw Erstwilder were bringing out a dinosaur collection, I knew I had to have it!

Scarf ~ Navy Blue Nylon Scarf from Closet Confessions Boutique
Brooch ~ Peak-a-saurus Rex Brooch from Erstwilder
Top ~ Portmans
Skirt ~ Custom Dinosaur Circle Skirt from Circle Skirt Bazaar
Shoes ~ Kmart

So far I have 3 of the collection and I honestly love them to bits! The 3 I have are:

Cera Says Hello
Peak-a-saurus Rex
 Pterry Pterasaurs 

So what makes these dinosaur brooches so special? Well, firstly they're designed by the owner of Heidi & Gretel, who is another small business owner. What makes Heidi & Gretel so amazing is that she started her business to help support her Brother Scotty, who has Cerebral Palsy. Proceeds from her business go towards helping Scotty get to his day program, as the price of transport is quite expensive.  

I loved that Erstwilder and Heidi and Gretel collaborated on this range! I think its an amazing combination of efforts to create a truly unique and fun collection! 


So far, the Peak-a-Saurus Rex has gotten the most workout in my wardrobe. I love the red and green colours. I think he's so fun to accessorise and he's so incredibly fun. Plus, as a lover of the carnivorous kind he's one of my favorites for those reasons too, as clearly seen in my first photo on this post.


My Cera says Hello is probably the second most worn brooch for me out of this collection. She's so cute and dainty and her colours mean she works with a lot of my pastels!


Plus Triceratops are totally adorable! I couldn't resist another derp face with little horns! She's a total cutie and I strong recommend her!


Lastly is  Pterry Pterasaurs who is a little flyer. I personally find him a little more difficult to wear due to his size, but when I have worn him as a statement piece is has been with incredible success!I love his pink and mint hues.

Also, did you know if you purchase any of this collection from either:


They will donate $2 of the sale to Scotty! How absolutely awesome is that!


  Now before I finish up darlings, I just wanted to stop and have a quite talk about my amazing dinosaur skirt! With my mum recently opening her own little etsy store, I hit her up for a dinosaur skirt because you know, I'm an adult and I can make my own decisions! This is now the first skirt in her store and you can get your own dinosaur skirt from the Circle Skirt Bazaar to satisfy your own inner dinosaur lover! 

I hope you've all enjoyed this blog post as much as I've enjoyed writing it! 

I've got more coming your way this week so keep your eyes peeled!

Also I'll be back on youtube with a new video on Wednesday night for you all!

Til next time darlings!

Disclaimer: Whilst I received these shoes as part of a sponsorship with Erstwilder, all opinions expressed are honest to help ensure the most accurate information for my readers. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the skirt! Pairs so well with each brooch! You mom does a fantastic job :)

    ReplyDelete