Friday 14 July 2017

Sultry with Veronica ~ Lingerie loungewear from My Retro Closet


Its no secret I adore my foundations. I wear them almost every day now days and I’ve loved expanding my foundations wardrobe to include goodies I never thought I’d try and enjoy. But my love of lingerie doesn’t just stop with stockings and bullet bras. I also have a love of robes, nighties and other ‘lounge wear’ from the vintage eras. There’s something so elegant and sensual about flowing fabrics over a bullet bra. A peak of stocking from under ruffles. Fearing I wouldn’t use it, I previously have been lacking in this part of my wardrobe. But thanks to my Retro Closet, that void has begun to be filled.

Wearing Lingerie from What Katie Did with the Veronica Midi robe by My Retro Closet in Red
My Retro Closet is a small business based from the UK that features a mix of items from much loved lingerie brands and handmade items too. Why does this brand sound familiar you may ask? Well I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to interview the seamstress and owner of My RetroCloset last month (click here to read). One thing that is so special is that Abi not only hand makes all the items in her My Retro Closet range, but she designs them as well. When I reached out to her to interview her, we thought it would be great to share an item that I loved with my followers and the item that caught my eye the most was the Veronica Midi robe.


My Veronica robe arrived beautifully packed in lilac paper all the way from the UK. I was so excited to pull it out of the paper and find it as vividly red as I’d hoped and so soft. It felt so luscious running through my fingers and I couldn’t wait to get it on. This resulted in what would have been an amusing afternoon for my neighbours to witness, as a flounced around my unit in my suspender belt and bullet bra, feeling lime a glamour queen in my new robe. The Veronica Robe is as comfortable to wear as she is to touch and can keep enough warmth in without making you too hot.


Now this robe does come in a one size fits all, as its open and the sleeves are flowy. Length wise, I'm 165cm tall and it comes down to my mid calf. I like the length as it adds a bit of drama without it dragging across the floor and getting dirty. The Veronica robe features soft mesh ruffles along the sleeves and bottom which I absolutely adore. I've surprisingly worn it a lot around the house since owning it and its my favorite thing to slip into after I have my shower and get read for the day. 


Overall, I’m super in love with my Veronica Robe and I’m already planning another My Retro Closet addition later this year! The Veronica Robe is comfortable yet practical. It makes me feel so sexy walking around the house in it and it adds a bit of glamour to my evenings and mornings. It also comes with an optional waist tie too, if you want to wear it closed. If red isn’t your colour either, the Veronica Robe is also available in Baby Pink, Lilac and Powder Blue as well as having a matching baby doll as well! Its beautifully hand crafted. I could not find a flaw in the craftsmanship and the love Abi has for her creations definitely shows. This is a hand made brand that will not disappoint.


The Veronica Robe retails for £80.00/$133.90AUD + postage which is a wonderful price for such a beautiful hand crafted item! It can be hard sometimes being an aussie in pinup with our exchange rate but some things are definitely worth the investment!

I hope you've all enjoyed this review and I'm really excited to be getting back to my regular blogging next week after a crazy Miss Pinup Australia weekend!

Til next time darlings




Disclaimer: Whilst I received these items in collaboration with My Retro Closet, all opinions expressed are honest to help ensure the most accurate information for my readers. 

1 comment: