Wednesday 30 November 2016

Pinup Flicks with Le Keux Cosmetics

Wearing Pinup Powder, Cadillac eyeliner and Whistle Bait Lip paint
Looking back, I find myself swelling with pride at how much my makeup skills have come along in the past few years. I come from a family where make up wasn’t really worn. My mum worked in roles that didn’t allow make up and as such, I never really felt much drive to wear more than a swirl of lip-gloss growing up. I kind of fumbled through most of my early 20’s, still without a clue and not wearing much make up until I got into dressing retro. Looking back at my first make up attempts from my baby pinup days I can’t help but giggle: I was a novice with eyeliner, I didn’t wear lipstick as I found it too intimidating and wore a translucent powder as a foundation. I’ve certainly come a LONG way since then and wanted to start sharing more of my makeup journey with you all as well as make up reviews! I felt the best way to do this was to share now only on my YouTube, as I was previously doing but also on my blog! So this week I wanted to share some goodies with you all that I recently got sent by Le Keux Cosmetics!

Lip Paints in: peachy keen, Cherry Bomb and Whistle Bait. Cadillac eyeliner and pinup powder
Le Keux Cosmetics are a UK based cosmetic brand which make paraben free and cruelty free cosmetics with a retro vibe. Beautifully packaged and each with a lovely subtle smell, these will definitely give your dressing table a touch of glamour. They arrived quickly in the post from the UK, wrapped up in a hot pink mailer bag which caused the postman much amusement and me a lot of excitement. For my first review I decided to share my thoughts first on the Pin Up Powder and Cadillac eyeliner as I wanted to review the lip paints separately, as there are a few different ways to wear them!

Fresh Faced
Liquid foundation and Pinup Powder applied
Liquid Foundation applied 

As my previous setting powder had just run out, I was super excited to give the Pin Up Powder a try. I was super excited to open up the box and find the pretties packaging inside. Size wise this powder container fits in the palm of my hand and is a pretty pink colour. When you open this container it features a sealing top under the lid, to help stop you spilling your powder and the powder itself has a soft smell to it that is really quite pleasant. I personally like to apply this powder with a powder brush and a little definitely goes a long way. I found it wore well and I didn’t get oily through it by the end of the day either, which is something that’s super important to me! It also held up well against my morning walk to the station, which can normally REALLY trash my makeup. I also haven’t reacted to it, which is another plus as my skin is quite sensitive. I now jump between wearing this powder and my other one, depending on the look I want to get.  Definitely something I’ll keep on wearing!

Brows and shadow applied. Time to Apply the Cadillac Liner
Cadillac Liner Applied
Cadillac Liner Applied
 I will admit, the Cadillac liner took me a little while to get used to using. My first attempt was disastrous as I didn’t read the instructions on the packaging which was totally my bad. After some investigation and seeing where I went wrong I re-tried to delightful success. The Cadillac liner is high pigment liner, which is a bold black. To activate the liner, you need to swirl your brush (which I didn’t do initially!) and evenly coat your brush before applying. I found using both a liner brush and an angled brush gives me the best results. This liner wears well and I found it had minimal smudging throughout the day. To increase its long life you can even set it with the Pin Up Powder, which also gives it a more ‘matte’ finish. For someone who is completely new to liner, this product may take a little getting used. As someone a bit more practiced with liner, once I got the hang of the angled brush I didn’t find I had any problems applying it.

Complete look with Pinup Powder, Cadillac Liner and Lip Paint in Whistle Bait. 
The finished look when teamed with the Le Keux lip paints is a strong pinup look. As I said before, I’ll be reviewing the lip paints in a separate review as they have multiple wears that I wanted to cover in greater detail! To finish this look I teamed it with the colour Whistle Bait, which is one I’ve been wearing a fair bit of late! Overall I’m super happy with my goodies from Le Keux and cannot wait to try different styling combos and add to my collection. For gals who love a bold pinup look, this is a brand to look at!


I hope you’ve all enjoyed this review and I’ll be doing a YouTube video of the application of these goodies soon! Also, for my followers! If you use coupon CURVECREATION10 you’ll get 10% off your own Le Keux goodies!

Til next time darlings!

Disclaimer: Whilst I received these items in a collaboration from Le Keux Cosmetics, all opinions expressed are honest to help ensure the most accurate information for my readers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment