Thursday 10 November 2016

Roses are Gold with Dressific


As a pinup gal, I love glamour. It’s part of my Daily Ritual. I love how glamming up can make me feel so amazing within myself and pin up lends itself to so many different kinds of glamour. When I was contacted by Dressific to work with them on a post, I didn’t know what I was being sent which was incredibly exciting! I asked for something that wasn’t strappy, as I can’t wear straps to work and when the dress arrived I was struck by how pretty it was. It’s interesting how sometimes we are given the opportunity to wear something that is outside our norms and we just love it. While I've been waiting for the right day to wear it to work (I dress according to my mood) I just loved dressing it up as a more formal look to share with you all!

Hat ~ Vintage 1940s
Flowers ~ Jean double & red rose double from Daisy Jean Floral Designs
Beads ~ Black Pearls from Debstar Designs
Gloves ~ Vintage
Brooch ~ Fantastic Fuchsia Brooch by Erstwilder
Dress ~ gold rose swing dress from Dressific
Shoes ~ Black velvet Marco Giani Pumps
Dressific is an Australian company that takes its inspiration from the Vintage Hollywood starlets from the past to help bring glamorous dresses to their customers. With a tag line in their about me of ♥ After all, you're unique so why should your wardrobe be any different?  They aim to bring a range of stunning vintage inspired dresses for both every day wear and special occasions. With a lot of time and research being poured into this business, they only work with the best manufacturers to bring the best quality items possible to their store. Another aspect about their business I love is their dedication to not sell knock offs of other pinup and retro brands, which is such a great philosophy. There are a lot of knock offs from amazing brands floating around and its great to see a company take a stand against that. After spending quite some time looking through their website myself, they have some truly stunning pieces available, for any occasion!


Another aspect that makes Dressific an amazing option, is the fact that they are made to measure, so you get the right fit as a customer every time. This is a great option for gals who are between sizes (like me!) or for gals who err on the far ends of the sizing charts (whether that be teeny tiny or curvy and plus sized). That means that you can look and feel fabulous in what you’re wearing and a big part of that is having something that fits you properly. My dress was made to measure and fit like a glove (though hormones did make it a little firm around the bust come shoot day!). Dressific dresses are also incredibly affordable, to help let all ladies have a little bit of glamour in their lives without seriously hurting their wallets!


The stunning dress I got sent features a solid sheer color body which has a high neckline which is ideal for work and knee length which is my preferred length of dress or skirt. Sheer fabric over the top, which has the roses on it is truly beautiful and really makes the whole dress. It was beautifully made, comfortable to wear and I love the versatility of styling it. As I said before, I went glam for this post, playing to the black outline of the roses by teaming it with black accessories. This stunning true vintage hat features an emu feather which is an Aussie Touch I love and the other accessories help tie it all together. For a subtle pop of colour I wore a purple floral brooch. All dressed up I felt ready to attend a luncheon or a fancy night out.


I hope you’ve all enjoyed this review as much as I loved styling it! I also have an exciting competition on my instagram coming up for you all where you can win your own Dressific dress! Its going live tomorrow so keep your eyes peeled! In the meantime you can shop their website by clicking here. I love the easy navigation too. Currently drooling over the 1940’s section myself, namely these two dresses!

1940s stripe dress
1940s/50s vintage floral dress

Til next time darlings!

Disclaimer: Whilst I received this dress in a collaboration from Dressific, all opinions expressed are honest to help ensure the most accurate information for my readers. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Missi,

    We're so happy to hear that you love your new dress. We absolutely adore how you've styled it! :) Thank you for such a lovely review and the opportunity to work with you. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been eyeing of this company for a while now, I just haven't purchased anything as of yet! This dress is absolutely stunning on you, love the black accessories you have style with this dress too! xo

    ReplyDelete