Friday 19 June 2015

Frisky Friday ~ Genuine Vintage Bra by Marcel Worth - Style 738

Hello all! Happy! Friday!

So with my renewed love of vintage lingerie thriving thanks to the current cooler weather, I thought I’d bring back Frisky Friday posts! This week I decided to do a post on a piece I purchased from The Nylon Swish at the last Sydney Rock n Roll markets and its completely changed my perception of my naturally smaller bust.




The GENUINE VINTAGE BRA BY MARCEL WORTH - STYLE 738 (as modelled above by The Nylon Swish is a truly perfect piece of vintage lingerie. I knew I had to have it the moment I saw it at the markets and being my birthday, I allowed a splurge and I bought myself one. It’s a purchase that I don’t think I’ll ever regret.




It’s no secret that I’m not that well-endowed anymore bust wise. I lost 2-3 cup sizes (brand depending) when I was in hospital for a serious kidney infection in 2013 and my bust never really ‘recovered’. As such I’d taken to wearing push up bras and padded bras because I really struggled with the loss of this part of myself. It often made me feel like less of woman to be so bottom heavy and now so teeny ontop. It’s still something I’m only really comfortable with half the time. This meant that I struggled with the idea of a vintage bra, because the lack of padding meant my teeny bust would be noticeably teeny. But when I saw the bra at the markets, I knew I had to have it.



The first time wearing it, I noticed how comfortable it was. It was uncomfortable as I have found past long line styles to be. The lower back and wide clips at the back meant that it doesn’t create any back bulge, somewhere that for me is currently a problem area. I have to wear bullet bra pads with mine to fill it fully, but overall I love the way it looks on my body. I was concerned it would be too tight around the middle, but the thickness of the band means it doesn’t dig in. I also love that I can wear it under a corset to really eliminate any major back bulge and I found my underwire bras used to dig in where my corset sat. This isn’t a problem I have anymore. As you can see below, it’s a versatile little goodie, being able to be worn multiple ways, though my favorite is with a suspender belt.

It’s really become my go to bra and prompted me to begin looking at expanding my vintage bra collection.

The Nylon Swish still has some of these babies in stock, so if you’d like one click here to see if she has your size.

I hope you’ve enjoyed this post and I look forward to hopefully bringing you more Frisky 
Friday posts in the future!


Til tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment