Saturday 25 July 2015

The Nell Dress with the Erstwilder Australian Collection

Hello all,


Its review time again and this time I’m reviewing one of my favorite ever Hell Bunny dresses: the Nell dress. I first fell in love with this dress when it was first released a few years ago, but just never got round to purchasing it. When I found it on ebay recently for $30 new, I knew I had to bite the bullet and make it mine.  I’ll be talking about the fit, quality and styling of this gorgeous 1940’s inspired number!


Quality and fit

The Nell dress is very similar to the Madden dress in fabric (click here for my Madden dress review) is quite thin. It’s made of Polyester, which means it doesn’t have much stretch to it but it does sit very nicely on. It also means that it’s very easy to dress up for winter with cadigans and a petticoat or dress down for summer. I bought the Medium, when ideally I could have sized down to a small. I found it to be very roomy in the shoulders and bust which can make it a bit more bust showy than I’d like to wear. The 1940’s shape to this dress is extremely figure flattering and the black velvet detailing along the collar truly compliments the green of the dress. I found it to be well made, with no fraying or issues in the structure and the zip hasn’t snagged.


Styling

Being a 1940’s style dress, I tried to stick to a more authentic  1940’s styling with this dress. For this shoot I matched it with my Black/Cream Ida’s as I felt the worked best with the darker colourings. I also kept the brooch simple and opted to pay ode to my Australian Heritage by wearing the Margarie Magpie brooch from the Erstwilder Australiana Collection. I missed out on Marge in February when she sold out but was lucky enough to snap her up during a restock. I chose not to wear any hair accessories for this shoot but if I was to wear flowers I’d go a black or a deep red.


I truly love this dress and I’m so glad its finally in my wardrobe! This dress is a fantastic addition for someone who is a lover of the 1940’s era and the darker colors have made it a much loved winter edition in my wardrobe!

I hope you’ve enjoyed this review!

Til next time!


Much love!


No comments:

Post a Comment