Thursday 23 July 2015

Why are you so Pinup Perfect?!

Hello all,

So this is something I get all the time and thought I’d do a blog post about it, because I’m sure it’s something other pinup’s get. If you are just starting this is something you'll encounter regularly as your style develops!


Generally no matter where I go, I’m rocking retro hair, red lips with a catseye liner click and a cinched waist. Looking retro is generally all about looking polished, which is an art that is not really held as importantly as it once was by society. My pinup style has very much become an integral part of who I am and I don’t care whether I’m doing the groceries or going out, I always like to look my best! I’ve even been known to lift weights in a beehive and red lips, or with a pincurl set under a scarf. Pinup styling for me has become a part an integrated part of my lifestyle and I couldn’t imagine life without it now.


I do however, get one continual comment no matter what I am that I find quite amusing: 

Where am I going, all dressed up like that?

It honestly doesn’t matter where I am. I can be in the grocery store, clearly doing my shopping, just at the local shopping centre, on my way to the gym, on the train to run errands, etc. People seem to NEED to have a REASON for me to dress the way I dress and they are more than willing to offer reasons to me to see if their assumptions are correct. The most common ones that I get are:
  • A wedding
  • The races (even when its NOT race season)
  • A party
  • A COSTUME party
  • A date
  • You all get the picture.

99% of the time, I am going to NONE of the above and politely decline their suggestions, simply stating that this is how I dress with my favorite comment: life is a big enough occasion.


If you are new to wearing pinup, these comments will definitely come your way and as a beginner they can be discouraging! But don’t be disheartened, it’s just because people aren’t used to seeing someone looking so lovely who does it for themselves! 99% of comments I get about my pinup style are positive and yours will be too!

I hope you’ve all enjoyed this post!


Til tomorrow


2 comments:

  1. Yes, those comments are sooooooo frustrating. The thing that bugs me the most though is how invasive that is - its like errr how is it any of your business whether I am participating in any of those events? It's one thing to give a friendly compliment, but that sort of busy body behavior just outright creeps me out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes sounds very familiar, but I mostly get it from family/friends! Or they say don't you dress "normal" anymore. The most common question I get asked out in "public" are you going to a costume party? Sooo annoying!

    ReplyDelete