Thursday 14 July 2016

Get your Goth on with Jubly Umph’s Villains We Love Collection!

Wearing the Jubly Umph Wednesday Addams Brooch
While I am very much a pinup at heart, gothic garb was actually my first love when it came to a fashion style outside of what the mainstream had to offer. In my mid to late teens, before I really took to pinup and still saw it as being incredibly unobtainable, I found myself dreaming of gothic Victorian and gothic alternative styles. I do actually have a few of both styles tucked away in my wardrobe, for those days when I do need an extra special pick me up. But I also realised that there are definitely elements of goth that can be added into pinup, while still keeping with the look, so naturally you can understand my excitement when Jubly Umph gave me a peak at their new Villians We Love range and I instantly fell in love!



Jubly Umph’s newest range is full of so many of the dark women I have grown to love both past and present and for that reason a graveyard setting felt like the perfect place to showcase them! For those who aren’t aware, Jubly Umph is an Australian brand hailing from Melbourne. A talented artist, she makes everything from jewellery to handbags AND colouring books, with her own unique flare to whatever she puts her mind too. Her brooches are all drawings of hers that are printed onto metal backs and sealed for a gloss finish as well as featuring lock back pins!


The Wednesday Addams brooch is perhaps one of my favourites out of this entire collection. When I was growing up we had Austar (pay TV) and my parents often had TV1 playing in the evenings. This meant that I was well acquainted with the original Addams family TV show and absolutely loved the later incarnations with the movies The Addams Family and the Addams Family Values. So when I saw her in this collection I was incredibly excited. Christina Ricci in Addams Family Values is such a favourite of mine for obvious reasons...


And the fact I now get to wear her left me rather ecstatic. As always though, Jubly Umph has added her own unique styling to Wednesday, which includes some very cool markings on her face. I can feel this brooch is definitely going to get a LOT of wear for me personally and I am so excited to style her in different ways. 

Wearing the poison Bottle Brooch
We all love something a bit wicked I think. This next brooch doesn’t belong to any specific character but it does certainly tie into almost all of them, as well as into women in general. I’m actually a big lover of true crime, courtesy of parents who both worked in the law enforcement and prison system growing up. While I don’t get as much time to read true crime anymore I often run documentaries while I craft for my business and its interesting, one of the most common ways a woman kills is with poison, so it felt fitting to wear it in a graveyard.



This little poison bottle brooch is truly very pretty. The photos don’t actually do it justice. The colours are beautifully blended. Its what I’d class as a smaller size pin, which would also be a great piece for ladies who are new to brooch wearing as its quite small.


 Or, get creative and team it with other brooches! I bet this brooch would look amazing with Wednesday actually…again for obvious reasons!

Wearing the Harlequin Brooch
 I’ve been on social media long enough to know that the ladies love Harlequin! She’s sassy, spunky, and independent, rocks her signature look and is a little bit crazy. I’ve seen a lot of ladies cosplay about her and there has been a lot of hype about the upcoming release of the Suicide Squad, in which she makes an amazing on screen appearance! So this brooch, is for the Harlequin lovers!



The Harlequin brooch features her in all her classic style glory, complete with red/black hat and suit. As with Wednesday, Jubly Umph has added her own flare to this piece, giving her an almost day of the dead skull look, which I really do adore. She’s a great subtle way to give tribute to one of the best Batman babes around and her dual colouring will make her an easy piece to accessories!


For those who are more fans of the Disney variety of Darkness….

Wearing the Maleficent brooch
Two years ago, we were reintroduced to a Disney villain in a whole new light! Maleficent, played by Angelina Jolie, quickly became one of my favourite movies. I loved seeing an alternative to the classic story and thought how Disney played it out was very well done. It was a box office hit and I’m really glad it was, as it appears to be paving the way for more remakes of a similar nature! It also re-introduced a generation to a former bad woman and kind of made many of us fall in love with her and her story. This next brooch is definitely one that will appeal to the Maleficent fans!

 

Maleficent’s colours in this gorgeous brooch truly do pop! The blending of the purples and the greens are truly stunning and they really help make this brooch a statement piece. Featuring her characteristic horns, she truly is unmistakable, even from a distance.



As with all the other brooches in this collection, Maleficent features Jubly Umph's flare which for her is green markings on her face and neck. I love her colours as well, I feel like they’ll make her a fun versatile piece to wear with a lot of different things in my wardrobe! 


Interesting fact: snow white was my second Disney princess movie and my first where the princess was the primary character (my first was Aladdin). I always found the evil queen in the film to be an incredibly strong character, which I guess was kind of the point but damn she had presence. For me she is one of the most memorable Disney women, no matter the adaptation. So she was another character I was excited to see in Jubly Umph’s latest release!


This brooch shows the queen in her original Disney style, complete with covered hair and crown. Both are featured in this brooch which for me make her a very powerful little pin. Also, can I just comment on that amazingly vibrant green eyeshadow! She features the same face markings as her counterparts in this range. Making her a foreboding but powerful statement brooch.


That’s the newest range as far as the brooches go, these designs are also available in other accessories if brooches aren’t quite your thing! Also, a little something for my readers! Use the discount code ‘curvecreation10’ and get 10% off your Jubly Umph order! How amazing is that!

You can find Jubly Umph here:

I hope you’ve all enjoyed this blog post darlings! I certainly loved writing it and shooting for it! If you are interested in my outfit, I’ll be reviewing it on my blog in the coming weeks!

Til next time darlings!

Disclaimer: Whilst I received  these brooches as part of a collaboration from Jubly Umph, all opinions expressed are honest to help ensure the most accurate information for my readers. 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring our new collection! I adore all your beautiful photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL photography!!! The perfect backdrop for this collection and the PUG spiderweb skirt was a great match to compliment the brooches and this spooky setting. I think the original Adams Family will always be my favourite because of how much spookier things looked in black and white, and the outdated special effects really had their charm. It's hilarious to think that in colour the set was pastel and hot pink :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL photography!!! The perfect backdrop for this collection and the PUG spiderweb skirt was a great match to compliment the brooches and this spooky setting. I think the original Adams Family will always be my favourite because of how much spookier things looked in black and white, and the outdated special effects really had their charm. It's hilarious to think that in colour the set was pastel and hot pink :P

    ReplyDelete