Tuesday 26 July 2016

Winter hues of blue ~ The Magic Thread Cardigans


Its funny how things we once laughed at the idea of wearing can become such a wardrobes staple. For example I detested cardigans in my late teens/early twenties. I thought they were for grandmas (back when I thought looking like a grandma was a bad thing lol) and I avoided them as if they had some sort of disease I may catch. Fast forward to age 26 and I basically exclusively wear cardigans, with the exception of a few pull over and fluffy jumpers, I wear cardigans almost every day (the warm Australian summers being the exception). I originally started off just wearing cheaper kmart cardigans, but in the last 12 months as I’ve chased a more polished look I’ve started to invest in better quality cardigans to compliment my outfits and TheMagic Thread Cardigan definitely falls into this category.

Flowers ~ Blue roses from Daisy Jean Floral Designs
Necklace ~ White beads from Debstar Designs
Cardigan ~ Miss Susan Cardigan from The Magic Thread Cardigans
Dress ~ True vintage 1940's day dress from Word from the Bird
Shoes ~ Lacey heels from Royal Vintage Shoes


The Magic Thread Cardigans is the brainchild of Aussie gal Diana, who has spent the past 5 years working on her brand which peaked this month with the official launch of her very own store! I truly adore the philosophy she has about cardigans: I like to think that each cardigan comes with its own story, and each time it's merged with old into the new and is loved by a new owner, new stories are added to the history of the cardigans”. The whole basis of Magic Thread is to revamp, revive and give a new lease of life to cardigans that start off as quite plain and creating stunning, feminine beautiful pieces that are unique. As a fellow crafter I love this approach to giving something previously plain new life and I was excited to receive my Miss Susan cardigan in the post!

My Miss Susan cardigan arrived in a prompt fashion, beautifully wrapped in brown paper. The attention to detail of the presentation was perfect! From the note to the tags, not a single aspect of the packaging was overlooked. I unwrapped it excitedly to find the most beautiful soft blue cardigan inside. I’ve become quite attached to pastels since going blonde and blue still is one of my absolute favourite colours. The Miss Susan is one of my first cropped cardigans; this gorgeous piece features a beautiful vintage flower sewn onto the front with square white buttons. I loved it instantly.
 

I instantly loved the simple elegance of this cardigan. The square white buttons are statement enough without being overpowering. The Floral motif is such a beautiful antique looking flower and the blues are matched so so perfectly. The first day I wore this cardigan I paired it with a pastel check shirt for Pokémon go adventures with a friend (yes I play Pokémon Go. I still own my Pokémon Stadium game on my Nintendo 64 lol) and found that it was incredibly comfortable to wear despite all the walking around. I also like that it’s not too tight, especially on the arms. I’ve worn it twice now and both wears its not only kept me warm but its been comfortable.


As someone who already has a LARGE collection of pastel colours in my wardrobe, I’ve found it very easy to mix and match things with this cardigan. The simplicity of the embellishments also means it’s versatile. I’ve got some incredible outfits I simply cannot WAIT to wear this with other things in my wardrobe. For this blog post I decided to show its softer styling by matching it with my pastel pink true vintage day dress. I loved playing the blue into the accessories and the white and when the weather is just a teeny bit warmer this is an outfit I’ll definitely be busting out!

The Magic Thread Cardigan has a range of limited edition cardigans in their new store, which give a unique touch to any outfit! She has a range of different cardigans at varying prices and she offers free domestic shipping on orders of $60AUD and free international shipping on orders over $100AUD.

You can find her in the following place!

Now that I’ve found her store you can be sure I’ll be adding more cardigans to my collection as I’m such a sucker for statement pieces and hers truly are gorgeous.

Til next time darlings!

 Disclaimer: Whilst I received this cardigan as part of a sponsorship with The Magical Thread Cardigans,  all opinions expressed are honest to help ensure the most accurate information for my readers. 

1 comment:

  1. Such a really pretty blue cardigan and I love the flower embroidery on the cardigan! The cardigan looks so beautiful with your pink dress! xo

    ReplyDelete