Friday 15 July 2016

Tropical Fever with Love your Look clothing


I love styles of clothes that are different, playful and fun. I also find myself now days forever hunting for items that I can wear with my almost ridiculously large brooch collection! When I was contacted to collaborate on some dressed with UK brand Love your Look, I knew I would love their clothes. Their dresses have a fun feel, their patterns are different and I was really drawn to their unique detailing and use of colour.

Flowers ~ Red Rose Double from Daisy Jean Floral Designs
Earrings ~ Red glitter holly hoops from Daisy Jean Floral Designs
Beads ~ Baby blue necklace and bracelet from Debstar Designs
Brooch ~ Scotty Stegosaurus brooch by Erstwilder
Dress ~ Palm Tree Button Back Dress from Love your Look
Belt ~ Kmart
Shoes ~ Pinup couture wooden mauls from Ebay


So who is Love your Look? Love your Look is a UK brand started by the stunning Ronke, who holds a degree in fashion from the London College of Fashion in Fashion Management, Business and Buying. She created Loveyour Look as a way of sharing her love of vintage fashion with her own unique flare and truly hopes to help other women ‘Love their look’ by wearing her designs. Something else that stands out about Love your Look is their focus on ethical practice in the making of their clothes. Made in India and the UK, this brand ensures that all workers who create these stunning garments are in safe work environments and are paid amounts that are ethical for their work. So by buying from Love your Look, you are supporting the workers who put the time and love into making these garments! For more information on their practices, you can read their about me section.

One of the things I love MOST about this dress is the back detail. It literally is such a statement piece! And for me it’s a style I can wear in my corporate office without breaking the dress code, which is always a winner. The triangular top means my shoulders are covered, there’s a little flash of back and then the true statement for me is where the point of the top joins the orange buttons that go down the back. 


I’m wearing the size Large and it fits perfectly. One thing about this style, is that as a rounded shoulder girl, straps have a tendency to slide off my shoulders which can really deter me from buying certain styles. With this dress’ shoulders being secured by being buttoned at the back, the shoulders didn’t move around or cause me issues which is something that made me love it even more. The landscape print of this dress too made it an incredibly versatile addition to my wardrobe and I cannot wait to wear it with all my dinosaur brooches as I feel they just match together SO very well!


One thing I will note is that for me, this dress was easiest to get on by undoing the back button, unzipping the side zip, putting my head through and then zipping it up and rebuttoning the back. For me, this does make it a dress that I need to make sure someone is home for when I want to get in and out of it, but then again I’m not very flexible, so others mightn’t have this same problem. The fabric is incredibly soft and comfortable to wear and the dress is lined in the softest cotton. As the skirt style for me was more of a cone shape than a circle (similar to the difference between a Doris Skirt and a Jenny from PUG) I opted to wear it without a crinoline for a softer look. This dress is also 100% cotton, which means it is incredibly comfortable and am so excited to be able to wear this in summer without my skin getting cranky, as synthetic fabrics in the warmer months have a habit of agitating my sensitive skin. Its going to be beautiful in our humid Australian spring and summer months.


I chose to accessories my dress with bold reds as I felt they popped against the busy pattern. Red roses and hoops along with my red belt help to really bring life to my look.  And who doesn’t love a dinosaur! My Scotty Stegosaurus was an awesome store find in Newtown and I’m so happy he’s mine. I adore the dinosaur range and almost have the whole set and I felt this little guy tied in so perfectly with my red theme! I would love to try this dress with other bold colours to see how the many different ways I can style this dress!


 This gorgeous dress retails for £60.00 + postage which works out to be $102AUD + postage. They do ship worldwide as well ladies, so if you aren’t a UK native don’t let that stop you.

You can shop their store by clicking here!
They also have facebook and Instagram as well!

I hope you’ve enjoyed this blog post. I really loved how these images came out. Til next time darlings!

Disclaimer: Whilst I received this dress as part of a collaboration with Love your Look, all opinions expressed are honest to help ensure the most accurate information for my readers. 

1 comment:

  1. I really love the way that Scotty the Stegosaurus sets off this outfit - the print on the dress is the perfect backdrop for him to roam, and the beautiful bamboo setting gives this outfit an awesome Jurassic Park feel.

    ReplyDelete